just got heat lamp, its too hot? chiks are lying face down, thats a bad sign?, vid in abit

hey

I got my humidfy thermeonter

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wireles...216832?hash=item342dc57d80:g:CFQAAOSwsNNfESg3

my mum put a cardboard above the brooder to kinda block the lamp

I put the thermoter for 2 hours, it said 24 c 32 %

I took away the cardboard, just then, Ill see how it is in an hour

n I duno why someone put the lauhgin emoticon to my post

its been three minutes without the cardboard says 25 c, Ill se in an hour

24 c isnt enough yeah? 5 day old chikcs

and I have to look for cardboards, dont realy have any
Take that cardboard away, it traps the heat inside and is a fire hazard!

a person in the coment said clamp the light to the back of chair, not sure how to do that

Some kinds of heat lamp have a clamp, some do not.

I think the bulb my dad brought is 100 w, should I get 75 w?

100 watt is probably good. Many heat lamps are 250 watt, which would be too hot.

alright previous coment said need to be 32 c , but in the brooder is 25 c, how do I increase heat?

suposed to lower the heat lamp?

Yes, to increase heat you would lower the lamp.

Just keep adjusting the height using whatever safe methods you can work out, and keep checking the thermometer and watching the chicks behaviour. You'll find the sweet spot in due course.

I had that problem with some chicks that hatched from incubator. I put one of those round Walmart thermometers in a baggie and set it inside the plastic container I had the chicks in. The temp got to over 100 degree's and my chicks started acting like yours, that's when I knew I had to lift the heat lamp higher. It all worked out and the chicks were happy again! :)

I have a large plastic tub about 4 + feet long and about 2 + feet deep. I put a short piece of 1"X6" wood over the top at one end and use a C clamp to keep it in place on the plastic. The heat lamp is attached on the wood and a small dowel runs through the clamp handle to make sure it doesn't drop down. The bottom has pine pellets. On the other end I put the gallon waterer and along one side is the feed tray. If they get hot they move away from the light. If they get cold they move closer. They regulate their own temperature that way. They should stay warm enough to want to eat and drink.

I have a piece of wire on the top to prevent things getting in or chickens getting out. It has a hole cut so it fits flat after passing over the C clamp. I used to put the whole thing on the screen porch. Now it is on the front porch.

If it is very cold I put the plastic lid on. The end with the C clamp keeps it elevated about 6 inches but the other end is locked onto the tub. Really really cold I throw old towels over the top to block some of the open edge, not too close to the lamp.

One thing that i didn't see mentioned is that the place to measure the temperature is down close to the chicks. Up top the temperature is hotter and down at the floor it's colder. The temperature needs to be correct down at the floor inside the brooder.

Tu entiendes el espanol? Si no entiendes bien algo que dicen, me preguntes, y traduzco.

hey right now somethings borthering me

the noise from them biting the foam is bothering me alot
, im in my room near the livinr goom, cant conecntrate

I use ear phones, but laptop buzzes coz the internet usb coecnting to laptop makes the ear phone buzz

so how can I fix this?

people said to get a cardboad boxes and tape them, I havent found any, wre do I get cardboard?

any sticky tape is good? got a small sticky tape

I dont know were to get a clamp, proly hardware shop 2 hours away called bunnings, but there might be in this suburb

and I dont know what 1"X6 means, coudltn find what it means on google

n wre to get a wood like that, my dad cuts some wood for fire, but I dont know if there the same

so I can put the cardboard box or plastic tub in the front of house? or back?

but its cold really cold at night so put a few towels on top on the lid? not sure how the lamp will stil shine into the brooder with thew towels on, n how to conect to power point outside

and also have wire on top, I dont know were to get, and which n how much

yer, the might start flyting n trying to jump out, n proly die coz they fall on the floor

I can get plastic tub from a store I saw, im not sure there bigest is 4 feet long 120 cm and 2 feet deep 60 cm,

yeah in my brooder, I have water and food on one side awat from the lamp side

yeah I had the thermometer on the floor, it stoped working again with new batteries, so I brought one natj sugsested, no battery one, in 1 week arrive

yeah I speak spanish abit, birdielee thanks, I get what they say, but I just dont know what stuff means

I dont realy know basic stuff, like th 1 x 6 thing n were to get the stuff

I dont know were to get cardboards, and I got stickty tape, but it proly sucks,

also the chiken starter running out, how much should I ration, its 4 chiks? per chiken starter

also my dad said this proly be the last time using incubator coz takes alot of electriycty and it costs alot, unles theres a way to use incubatoru without so much elecitrcty costing alot

but I guess the chikens can take care of there own eggs, but
they fight over were they lay, they sleep in the shed, but one lays the egg in front of the house on a plant pot, the pot size is like 3 medium size chiken size, and the other chiken is yelling at it to get out so they can lay there own egg too im guessing thats why its yeling at the one laying an egg
also I think the one laying the eggs lays it all dif places in my patnes place, its a house and got abit of land, I thought maybe he is hiding were the lay the eggs coz doesnt leike people taking its egg,

I brought fake eggs, person at store said can put this at a palce to enocurage them to lay there instead so they dont fight for same spot, also not sure were to put the fake eggs

yer sory long post

hey right now somethings borthering me

the noise from them biting the foam is bothering me alot
, im in my room near the livinr goom, cant conecntrate

I use ear phones, but laptop buzzes coz the internet usb coecnting to laptop makes the ear phone buzz

so how can I fix this?

people said to get a cardboad boxes and tape them, I havent found any, wre do I get cardboard?

any sticky tape is good? got a small sticky tape

I dont know were to get a clamp, proly hardware shop 2 hours away called bunnings, but there might be in this suburb

and I dont know what 1"X6 means, coudltn find what it means on google

n wre to get a wood like that, my dad cuts some wood for fire, but I dont know if there the same

so I can put the cardboard box or plastic tub in the front of house? or back?

but its cold really cold at night so put a few towels on top on the lid? not sure how the lamp will stil shine into the brooder with thew towels on, n how to conect to power point outside

and also have wire on top, I dont know were to get, and which n how much

yer, the might start flyting n trying to jump out, n proly die coz they fall on the floor

I can get plastic tub from a store I saw, im not sure there bigest is 4 feet long 120 cm and 2 feet deep 60 cm,

yeah in my brooder, I have water and food on one side awat from the lamp side

yeah I had the thermometer on the floor, it stoped working again with new batteries, so I brought one natj sugsested, no battery one, in 1 week arrive

yeah I speak spanish abit, birdielee thanks, I get what they say, but I just dont know what stuff means

I dont realy know basic stuff, like th 1 x 6 thing n were to get the stuff

I dont know were to get cardboards, and I got stickty tape, but it proly sucks,

also the chiken starter running out, how much should I ration, its 4 chiks? per chiken starter

also my dad said this proly be the last time using incubator coz takes alot of electriycty and it costs alot, unles theres a way to use incubatoru without so much elecitrcty costing alot

but I guess the chikens can take care of there own eggs, but
they fight over were they lay, they sleep in the shed, but one lays the egg in front of the house on a plant pot, the pot size is like 3 medium size chiken size, and the other chiken is yelling at it to get out so they can lay there own egg too im guessing thats why its yeling at the one laying an egg
also I think the one laying the eggs lays it all dif places in my patnes place, its a house and got abit of land, I thought maybe he is hiding were the lay the eggs coz doesnt leike people taking its egg,

I brought fake eggs, person at store said can put this at a palce to enocurage them to lay there instead so they dont fight for same spot, also not sure were to put the fake eggs

yer sory long post
I wouldn't have them in a foam box, they could eat it. They should always have food for them all the time. If you built a wood box for outside in the shed and put the fake egg in it they would lay in that.

Back
Top Bottom