Just got the crud scared out of me.

I live in Rockport MA it's a little town with houses pretty close together we have a pretty good number of fox, coyotes, and fisher cats. Between the three of them they do a pretty good job of keeping the housecat, chicken, and pet rabbit population whittled down somewhat with coons skunks and possums doing their fair share also. You definetley have to lock the birds up for the night.

I agree with Rufus the 2 legged variety are the worst. i would never leave my door unlocked.

Try strawberries and vanilla extract on a paper plate. I relocated 5 groundhogs and 3 possum that way once.

Quote:
OOh this is scarey! Yeah when you get these weird feelings be careful. I believe a coon would run....maybe not. Just get the coop closed before dark. Be Safe and put a lock on it to. Do you have a dog?

Even though our little town is little, we had a badger on the school playground at about 5 pm. I then saw one coming into the town I work in which is about 15,000. They also have had an occasional Bobcat and/or mountain lion. I never have to lock anything either. If someone actually had the gumption to come clear up my hill, my dogs would eat them.

It was just freaky lol.... I'm used to going out before dark because I am a hunter ,but that just totally freaked me out lol..... I feel ashamed
roll.png

#1, Get a flashlight, a good one.

#2 Set a live trap to catch whatever it was. Use canned tuna. Lock the trap open for two nights, so it doesn't catch any thing. Set it to spring closed on the third night and I guarantee you will have something. If you catch a mother cat just let it go. That's why they call them live traps.You will only catch the cat once. Cats are not stupid.

#3 Get some firearms training and carry a pistol. I don't understand how people can take being afraid. It's your life, live it unafraid.

Rant officially over.

We aren't allowed to shoot guns at our house. We live to close to the city. And another reason I can't carry a handgun because I am under age for a permit.

Back
Top Bottom