Just got the email...Ducks are on their way!

How exciting! I hope you'll post pictures of them when they arrive. Have you had ducks before?

I'm getting 10 ducklings (first ever for me) in April from Murray McMurray and can hardly wait!

How exciting! I hope you'll post pictures of them when they arrive. Have you had ducks before?

I'm getting 10 ducklings (first ever for me) in April from Murray McMurray and can hardly wait!

Yes I love ducks and have had many over the years. They are my favorite to raise because they act so much like pets and are not as fragile as other poultry. You will love them but they are messy. My very first duck I raised with a litter of puppies and it thought it was a puppy! It would chase the puppies around the yard and quack when someone came to the house.

Yes I love ducks and have had many over the years. They are my favorite to raise because they act so much like pets and are not as fragile as other poultry. You will love them but they are messy. My very first duck I raised with a litter of puppies and it thought it was a puppy! It would chase the puppies around the yard and quack when someone came to the house.
Great story, lol!

Everyone says the same thing about ducks, "you'll love them but they are messy". It must be true! I'm already cleaning up after chickens, rabbits and goats, what's more pooh at this point? Besides, I need some help in the garden with bugs (and eggs, I want some of those eggs badly). And besides all that, they are just so darn cute.

Hi @Duckmanly I know Metzer has their ducks now too and probably some others. What are you getting? Oh, and
welcome-byc.gif

Khaki,mallard and some fawn and white runners.I've never ordered from metzers but I'll check them out.

Ducklings are messy :) But they're oh so cute while they're making the mess.

Take lots and lots of baby pictures. It will seem like they are visibly bigger each time you feed them.

Agreed! That was the one thing that really caught me off guard. I could often visibly see the difference in their size from one day to the next. Having a cute fuzzy baby literally grow before my eyes was kind of strange. I'll admit...I was a bit disappointed with how fast they grew up.

Back
Top Bottom