Just got them into the run, what should I do ne

So I did make a run out tonight and bought some grit. However all I could find was high calcium grit, which I've read isn't good for young birds. I bought it anyways and did offer it to them in the cap, but they haven't touched it yet. I will make a trip to the actual feed store tomorrow and make to get some regular chick grit for them.

View attachment 1892558
Very cute run..:frow
Oyster shell shouldn't be used until the birds begin laying eggs. Even a bowl of driveway dirt and small rocks will suffice.

Unless you had other caged, large predator food before, you might notice them more, and in the day, seeing as how now you have caged, large predator food in your yard!

Looks better with the shade!

Sorce

I have two very small dogs that run around the yard unleashed and they could easily be a meal for even small predators, so hopefully anything that is out there has already shown itself. Still I will be very watchful for the first weeks.

Is your coop finished?
Would love to see what you come up with for that. You seam pretty handy.
You say you will end up with 3 hens and a rooster.
Also i love your truck in your avitor. 1972? Ford.
Nice!

Thanks, that is a 1977 F150 I saw at a car show, I used to own one just like it. Now I have a 1995 F150.

I haven't gotten to building the coop yet, I'm hoping to utilize the holiday weekend to have it done. I have some plans in my head, but they may change as I actually start construction. I guess most people would consider me pretty handy, I have restored a few cars and have a lot of experience with tools and machinery.

I did manage to purchase some chick grit as well as a bigger waterer and a bigger feeder from tractor supply today.

Unless you had other caged, large predator food before, you might notice them more, and in the day, seeing as how now you have caged, large predator food in your yard!

Looks better with the shade!

Sorce

Back
Top Bottom