Just had two wisdom teeth pulled yesterday and I'm starving but not sure what to eat.

Soft foods.
Don't rinse with Salt water & peroxide for 48 hours. (Then it's OK to do that)
You can chew, try to chew with your front teeth.
Since they are maxillary teeth (uppers), try to keep your head slightly elevated when you sleep.
No soda, Nothing carbonated for 48 hours. Nothing alcoholic.
Don't swish to rinse.
Brush normally, but carefully around your back uppers.
Very important to keep the clot in place.

Sounds to me like you've already eaten quite a bit... .but I'm an old fart.

No worries unless you get more swelling and/or lots of pain. Then you call your dentist.

Good luck.

when i got mine taken out i was a bit of a special case and had to get the whole sh'bang

went into hospital got a general anestetic and then got stiched up after

my mouth looked like i'd been atleast 50 rounds with Ali, Tyson, Bruno, Holifeild, Forman all at once

My wife fed me on blended foods for a week so i could suck in the food and i drank from a straw

good thing to eat is porriage or wetabix

Thanks for all the information.

I've still been sitting around starving. One problem with me is that I'm underweight. I usually sit around eating small amounts of food all day long. I sometimes will eat as much as my husband in one day if I'm hungry enough. I'm only around 115lbs and 5'6". Anything I eat normally doesn't hold me over to long.

It's been 49 hours since I've had them pulled. One side of my mouth doesn't feel like I had anything pulled. The other side is a slight bit sore and has a little bit of swelling. I used salt water earlier and will use it again here in a bit. I've been sleeping with a thick pillow that has my head slightly raised more. I might get another pillow though or fold the thick one in have to make it more inclined.

I've been wanting to try some eggs but my in-laws new stove broke the day I got my teeth out. The repairman is suppose to come today to try to fix it.

Since it has been 49 hours is it safe for me to try something more solid but still soft if I use my front teeth? I'm dying to have a couple small bites of some room temp. pizza. I've been sitting around feeling sick and the stuff I have ate doesn't even hold me over for more than 10 minutes.

On a serious note, yes go ahead & eat the pizza!! I worked for a dentist for 7 yrs & we would just reccommend that you avoid hot & spicy foods, any thing overly crunchy, no nuts, pretzles, chips, or seeds. Also avoid using straws as using a straw can dislodge the clot & cause a dry socket.(very bad!) If you think you can handle eating pizza then I say go for it, just cut it into small bites & chew carefully. Be sure to rinse after w/ warm salt h2o after. Keep the sockets clean!
Good luck!!

Things I ate when I had my wisdom teeth out:

Jello, pudding, ice cream, shakes, malts, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (I kinda chopped them up/smashed them with a fork), egg salad sandwiches (chopped/smashed again), scrambled egg, pasta, lots of water, milk, juice, I used some protein shakes which helped the hunger a bit, applesauce, yogurt...

That's all I can think of right now... hope you're healing well!

Back
Top Bottom