just hatched chick has big red butt!

Quote:
hugs.gif
Don't worry about it, it is good enough. I agree with stoopid, just put the ointment on, most likely he'll be ok.
Frustrating when you need to take a picture in an emergency and your camera's dead
he.gif
I've been there too!!!

Thanks everybody! I never thought I would be putting a photo of a chickens butt on the internet..guess ya never know! It has been a rough hatch so far...grandkid opened the incubator this am
barnie.gif
after tons of pips...lots of shrink wraps...hopefully the rest will be ok now..plus going on only very little sleep last nite (ugh, leg cramps, every hour on the hour all nite long)...but will have to monitor the humidity tonite also now. So far I have 11 hatched and a few more pips out of 29 eggs! Way better than my first hatch! I dont know what kind of chicks they are, my neighbors gave me the eggs..Thanks again to everyone...off to bed for a while for me!

LOL, baby red butt is doing well.....its just about dried up and gone....but sad for the last to hatch...it doesn't look to good...toes are crooked, and its getting picked on...Hard decision..try to fix or just cull it...hubby keeps saying it will get better...hate this part!

Crooked toes are a headache, but if you don't fix it now, it will only get worse. Of course, we all need pictures for a good diagnosis. If it's only one toe, But if the foot is affected, then intervention is needed. I have a peachick 6 wks old, has a club foot, tried taping up, but didn't come out as I had hoped. This little bugger is running around like there is nothing wrong! Only hope has no trouble roosting...
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom