Just in time for Christmas. I have 11 lab puppies born 11/09/08.

I think the misconception is that they need to be nursing at 8 weeks, it's actually the socialization from the litter mates, and their mom is still teaching them at that point to, even if she isn't feeding them. Puppies taken before 7-8 weeks tend to have more behavior problems, they can be worked through, it's just more work then getting one at the proper age. A buyer could always request their puppy be left until old enough, but if the seller lets the rest of the litter go, it won't do any good.

My personal opinion is it's best for puppies to leave between 8-10 weeks, any younger then that they just aren't ready, and if they are left longer they seem to start getting to attached and settled in the breeder's home (and not want to leave their mom).

And alittle note on Christmas puppies, pounds and shelters start filling up w/ unwanted Christmas puppies the next few months after Christmas, if someone truely wants a puppy they will be willing to wait, it's the "I have to have my puppy now" people that I would avoid. Many breeders won't even breed near Christmas time.

Anyway can't wait to see the pics! Actually I'm hoping to see pics when they're 4+ weeks, I think they're the cutest after their eyes open and they start moving around! I fostered a couple yellow lab puppies, they were the cutest things!

I personally dont care what anyone thinks on the subject becasue every situation is different. All they are offering is pups if ya want them. If you dont then dont. Why make such a big debate out of this whole thing, if you are not careful you may not even get the offer anymore. Wouldnt that be ashame. Anyhow lets see some PICS!!! (Sorry about my rambling)

Why, oh why cant you live closer to me? I have been looking for a yellow or choc lab for weeks now?

I would love to see pics!
smile.png

Thanks for the congrats!! And thanks Pleaster thats been my point!! And yes my yellow labs are such great dogs. I love big dogs but alot of them are so hard to deal with. Their Mom is so sweet, she follows me so close I cant hardly take pictures of her because I cant get her far enough away from me to snap it!! I had tried to take some before she had the puppies. I think she favors me over the rest of the family. I will get my pictures posted soon. I am working on it. They are so adorable.
love.gif

PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!PICS!

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom