Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread

Quote: Thank you for the feedback attempt, but I think each thread will only take one feedback and we have many people using this thread.
smile.png

Originally Posted by yinepu

yeah.. but the eggs were OLD.. I candled the ones that hadn't exploded.. the air cells took up half of the eggs!.. so the seller KNEW he had sent me old rotten eggs...

I had one of those last year. My first and only attempt to hatch a few bantam pets for the grandkids. I candled the eggs when they came in and over half of the 18 were half full and soapy. I took pics, cracked them open (gag) and took pics of the gunk. Seller just said sorry, must be the weather. Almost gave up on shipped eggs.

Last edited:
I had a Guinea egg that rotten in the bator. When I found which one it was because I had 4 trays to look thru of quail and guinea eggs. I could see there was a chick inside and the egg was open all the way around. I've never had one rot that had a chick that was that developed. The guinea eggs where not shipped but I collected them myself. I collect everyday and bring them in the house where it stays cool. I've had chicks stop developing at different stages but never had one stink like that.
sickbyc.gif

Anyone interested in sweet grass turkey eggs???? I put the girls under lights as I am getting so many requests.

4 Sweetgrass Turkey eggs

$ 12 shipping and handling in a 7x7 priorty box, individually bubble wrapped, and packed in shredded paper.

Likely to ship on Saturday. or earlier if the girls respond to the lighting sooner.

One hen was mated with a narrigansett a few weeks ago, so an off poult is possible.

OPening bid of 8$
last bid considered at 8:30pm EsT on Tuesday.

Colby and his girls Janet and Nancy.

I have a mixture of eggs up for auction. My sizzles are slowing down but I have 1 splash hen laying and a white hen thats in the sizzle pen thats laying. So this auction will be for 9 eggs from the mixed color sizzles, white silkie hen and splash hen. The splash are SQ. So far several of their offspring have been shown. I have 1 that I kept that is showing tuesday along with her father that I got from Bobbi Porto's flock. The pics I have need updated so sometime before the show i'll get some new ones taken while I have them all dolled up. lol

My splash are in their own pen. The white silkie hen is in the sizzle pen for lack of somewhere else to put her.
Auction bid starting at $10 with shipping at $13.Auction ends tomorrow (mon) at 8pm CST. Please pay promptly at auctions end so I can get them in the mail. Eggs are coded and dated when I collect them.

Here are some of the chicks I've hatched.

Out of what I've hatched, my first ones where from the splash pullet and I got 2 white sizzles, 1 blue sizzle and 1 smooth white, From the second batch which various hens brooded I got 2 frizzled silkies, 2 smooth and 6 sizzles.

I have a mixture of eggs up for auction. My sizzles are slowing down but I have 1 splash hen laying and a white hen thats in the sizzle pen thats laying. So this auction will be for 9 eggs from the mixed color sizzles, white silkie hen and splash hen. The splash are SQ. So far several of their offspring have been shown. I have 1 that I kept that is showing tuesday along with her father that I got from Bobbi Porto's flock. The pics I have need updated so sometime before the show i'll get some new ones taken while I have them all dolled up. lol My splash are in their own pen. The white silkie hen is in the sizzle pen for lack of somewhere else to put her. Auction bid starting at $10 with shipping at $13.Auction ends tomorrow (mon) at 8pm CST. Please pay promptly at auctions end so I can get them in the mail. Eggs are coded and dated when I collect them. Here are some of the chicks I've hatched. Out of what I've hatched, my first ones where from the splash pullet and I got 2 white sizzles, 1 blue sizzle and 1 smooth white, From the second batch which various hens brooded I got 2 frizzled silkies, 2 smooth and 6 sizzles.
. $10 My first batch did not fair well with the post office. 3 of 8 eggs are developing...I'm gonna give them one more chance this year.

. $10
My first batch did not fair well with the post office. 3 of 8 eggs are developing...I'm gonna give them one more chance this year.
Thank you for bidding. The PO is no friend of those of us that ship eggs. It has made a big impact on people wanting eggs that have to be shipped. Chicks would be better but then there is the high postage. I was considering shipping chicks maybe next year.

I'm not against postage for chicks. I just hatebhow the PO goes ooooo eggs, let's take them up a ladder and drop them!

I have an offering:

What: 17+ Guinea eggs
Bidding starts: $15
Shipping: $16 PO box
Bidding ends : 11 pm CST Tue Aug 27
Pay Pal: [email protected]
Shipped : Wed Aug 28 if paid by 9:30am
All shipping cautions apply.

My guineas lay either in nest boxes or various spots in the barn with the hens so all are fresh. I started collecting 5 days ago for someone who cant take them now. I have mostly pearl free ranging right now. There are 3 lavender, a buff, white and one Royal purple also. This years hatch has included several Lavs and white and 3 that I have no idea, just that they are different and to young yet for me to tell what.
I will include all that are collected before I pack up so let me know if you have limited space. They do fine stacked, I've done it often. I know there were 17 Sat, I'm out of town so dont know what they got today. We get 2 to 7, depends who's laying. Let your broodies raise them, they are more likely to roost and lay with the chickens. I give LF girls 20 or so eggs each.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom