Just introducing myself!

Ohio Chick

Chirping
May 23, 2017
McClure, Ohio
Hello everyone,
My name is April (Ohio Chick) & I just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm new owning chickens & my flock of girls will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. My flock consists of 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Buckeyes, 2 Golden Lace Wyandottes, 2 Barred Plymouth Rocks & 1 Rhode Island Red. This is my first time being a chicken mom & this site has been a huge help. My girls are hilarious to watch. Everything i've read about the breeds seems dead on so far. My Buffs are the sweetest, most docile chickens. The Plymouth rocks are friendly & fearless. The Buckeyes are curious & are proving to be quite the little foragers already. The Wyandottes are foragers too & love the company of their sisters & me. My fiance is currently building them a chicken palace & I hope to post pics when everything is finished. Thanks so much for all the advice & articles, they've helped so much!

Welcome to the addiction April! I'm very excited for you to watch your girls grow up and enjoy fresh eggs! Just watch out for that chicken math!

I couldn't agree more with your statement on Plymoth rocks! They are fearless alright!
Welcome to the BYC flock, it is a pleasure to meet you, April :)

Back
Top Bottom