Just Joined and planning on hatching once again.

Haven't added many pics on here although I posted many on my Facebook page. I will add a few on here once I figure it out.

Well I haven't been on BYC for some time now. Last years hatches went fantastic. So well, in fact, we quickly outgrew our little 1.5 acre farm lot we were renting in Cascade. Over the winter we purchased and moved our little farm to a 10 acre spread in Charlotte County near Brookneal, VA. We quickly found the Kuhl 360 wasn't quite enough room to hatch and meet the demand for all of the people wanting chicks. This year we are running the Kuhl 360 and a Sportsman with chicks plus a second Sportsman with duck and goose eggs. Already found this still isn't enough and working on setting up power to run 4 Natureform incubators and a Natureform Hatcher although we won't be able to purchase any until next year. Regardless this year we are hatching mixed-heavy breed, RIR, White Leghorn, Black Austrolorp, Buff Orpington, Rainbow Dixie, Black Sexlink (RIR x Cuckoo Maran), BB Red Olde English, Lemon-Blue x Blue Olde English and that is just the chickens. We also have going Pekins, Mixed-Breed, Muscovy Ducks, Mixed-Breed Geese, Texas A&M and Button Quail, Lastly Naragansett Turkeys. Plus several local farmers are selling us their eggs which we now incubate including several rare and heritage breed chickens, mixed-breed turkey, White Chinese Geese, Call Duck, Bobwhite Quail and Ringneck Pheasant.

Well I haven't been on BYC for some time now. Last years hatches went fantastic. So well, in fact, we quickly outgrew our little 1.5 acre farm lot we were renting in Cascade. Over the winter we purchased and moved our little farm to a 10 acre spread in Charlotte County near Brookneal, VA. We quickly found the Kuhl 360 wasn't quite enough room to hatch and meet the demand for all of the people wanting chicks. This year we are running the Kuhl 360 and a Sportsman with chicks plus a second Sportsman with duck and goose eggs. Already found this still isn't enough and working on setting up power to run 4 Natureform incubators and a Natureform Hatcher although we won't be able to purchase any until next year. Regardless this year we are hatching mixed-heavy breed, RIR, White Leghorn, Black Austrolorp, Buff Orpington, Rainbow Dixie, Black Sexlink (RIR x Cuckoo Maran), BB Red Olde English, Lemon-Blue x Blue Olde English and that is just the chickens. We also have going Pekins, Mixed-Breed, Muscovy Ducks, Mixed-Breed Geese, Texas A&M and Button Quail, Lastly Naragansett Turkeys. Plus several local farmers are selling us their eggs which we now incubate including several rare and heritage breed chickens, mixed-breed turkey, White Chinese Geese, Call Duck, Bobwhite Quail and Ringneck Pheasant.

You sound quite busy! You must be doing something right!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom