Just Joined and planning on hatching once again.

KVogel

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2016
Just Joined and planning on hatching once again. Used to raise several species back when I was in high school down in St.Augustine, FL. Now I live in the blink and you'll miss it town of Cascade, VA. Although I have been in the Navy for the last 14 years and now my service is over. Species I formerly hatched, Emu, Rhea, Egyptian Geese, Marbled Teal, Green Wing Teal, Mandarin Duck, Muscovy Duck, Red/Yellow Golden Pheasant, Silver Pheasant, Reeve's Pheasant, Peafowl, Button Quail, Pharoah Quail, Bobwhite Quail, Chukar, and several domestic breeds of chickens, ducks and geese, as well as indoor exotic birds, did I mention I love birds of all types not just outdoor. So far my new collection not including the indoor birds. 7 Heritage Leghorns which should start laying soon, couple of barred rocks, and 5 silkies. Currently I have 48 barn yard eggs in a Chinese Digi plastic incubator w/ turner. I picked the eggs up from the local poultry auction. The Chinese incubator so far seems to be pretty good it is holding temp well, although the humidity likes to spike into the 90s. So probably in the future I will save that incubator for duck eggs. Planning on purchasing a GQF 1502 soon and hatch out some rare eggs that I have been seeing online that weren't available to me back before I was in the Navy.

Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you join us. It sounds like you have the chicken (and other bird) bug good and proper - you for sure are in the right place! Feel at home and i hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

All the best
CT

Thank you for your many years in service to our country. Welcome to Backyard chickens. You certainly got bitten by the poultry bug, what a lot of breeds - great!! Sending good
hatching vibes your way
jumpy.gif

Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you join us. It sounds like you have the chicken (and other bird) bug good and proper - you for sure are in the right place! Feel at home and i hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

All the best
CT

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your hatches.

Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

Thanks for the kind words. Been a bit busy picked up a Kuhl 360 incubator that needed a bit of repair. Did the work on it although still tinkering with the auto-humidity system. It's been running great though and been fun trying to get that filled. Right now I have 15 dozen chicken eggs, 7 1/2 dozen call duck, 4 turkey, 30 button quail eggs in it. Today I am adding another 5 dozen chicken. On a waiting list to pick up 200 A&M Quail eggs. I have my fingers crossed the first batch of chicken and quail eggs should be hatching next week.

Wow, that's a whole lot of eggs. Good luck with your hatch!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom