Just left TSC.... got new chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our TSC gets chicks tomorrow or the next day. The guy there said he had no idea what breeds they were getting in. He told me that last year the first day they got in Silver Laced Wyandottes. I would not want to miss that.

Wow, I wish your DD lived close to me - I have sooooooo very many pets and animals I need/want to get great shots of.
She did a spectacular job.
I like the owl bird, too.

and spinner chick - too funny

lol.png

(any one have some holy water?)

I went today to TSC and ended up with 6 Light Brahmas!
big_smile.png
They are soo cute! Then I picked up 2 Silkies from CL, they are a week old. They do NOT get along and already are separated after 5 min!
wink.png

Last edited:
So AlienChick, congrats on geting some chicks. Wait till they get bigger! Just don't let the inbetween faze get you down, when they have to grow out the feathers. I wasn't sure if you had received my reply in messages. Just wanted let you know at Expoland in Fishersville, right off of Tinkling Springs and I-64 there will be poultry swaps every third saturday of the month. The first swap of the year is March 19. If you come and talk to some of the club members we can let you know about events and shows if your interested.

TTYL

Tell your DD she takes great pics! Cute little fuzzy butts! I went into our local feed store on Saturday. They finally had chicks and ducklings in. I drooled over them (EE's, SLW and the ducklings were especially cute!) and walked away! I had to since I have 22 eggs in my bator due to hatch next weekend.
wink.png
It was so hard to walk away but I knew that I would catch all kinds of heck from DH if I brought some home.
gig.gif

Quote:
Thank you, HappyChickenLover.
Yes, I did receive your message.
I look forward to checking out the swap there in Fishersville.
Thanx for the info!

big_smile.png

Yes, well I work in Staunton and my wife was workign at TSC in Staunton. Going to work a new job here in a week. We also go to poultry shows locally and other places/states. Currently playing with my newly hatched coturnix quail. They are very cute, just bought some new eggs to breed to these ones and I think I am gonna get some Bobwhite, my grandfather wants some released on his farm in West Virginia. I need to check on about legally releasing them though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom