Just like little kids!

Shared Acres

Songster
11 Years
Aug 10, 2008
Northeast Fla
I'm across the house, the 2-3 week old Silkie babies are in a plastic tub in a bathroom across the house.

I can hear them carrying on and every once in awhile you'll hear a sound like one got hurt or someone is bullying someone.

So I start walking over there and they get quiet. I enter the bathroom and everyone stops and turns their head to look at me, like "stop what you are doing, that lady is here, does she have any food? Look innocent"

LOL.

I leave and the rucus starts back up again.

BTW, husband swears that one of the chicks was kicking another chick yesterday. I'm like, WTH? I'm seeing like karate chicken coming after the other chick, wings positioned in air. LOL, I mean comeone, I just can't see baby chicks sitting their kicking each other, they aren't 3 year olds! But my husband SWEARS that's what he saw!

put a small radio in there and keep it going, it will keep them entertained. The little dudes and dudettes are bored.....I have seen them picking on each other and yes they do sort of karate chop kick sometimes....HILARIOUS!!!!

is it just silkies that do this? do all chicks do this? I have 15 1 1/2 week old chicks and i don't watch them 24/7, should i check them more than say 5 times a day?

Let's see...........my kids do it.......

my dogs do it......
my cats do it......

Yep it is normal! They will settle the pecking order....they will be fine!

Our chicks act some times like little ninja's, martial arts chickens flying and kicking each other.
The only sound I miss is the special effects from the movie's.
They are so funny.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom