Just locked down and as I closed the top I got a pip!

My chicken eggs are peeping and piping right now too. It's so exciting. Good luck! Post an update
smile.png

Wow... interesting. They're solid yellow? No striping at all? And they came out of blue eggs? Hmmmm......

How exciting, I'm hatching right now to, I've got 5 in the brooder, 7 in the bator yet, and 7 eggs to go. So far this is a great hatch of shipped eggs.

Congrats Azriel!!!!!! What breeds?

How soon did you decide to move the chicks from the incubator to the brooder?

Glad to make you smile, Anderson!

Anyone know.... If my windows are getting a little foggy, should I open the plugs for a moment or two to allow for some fresh air? The first baby out (and only baby out so far) is very active and peepy, but has a red butt. If it were an adult chicken, I'd think it was a prolapse, but what do I know? I was reading on another thread that it could have to do with too high humidity during hatch?....although the red isn't on the belly, it's on the vent area.

Not much I can do now, but wait and see what happens, but if opening the plug for a moment would help, I'd do that.

Hey Kris! I don't know what to tell ya, but I will let you know that I have 3 chicks hopping around in there now with one zipping and everyone else pipped, so I believe my humidity to be fine. I couldn't tell you what it is because I don't actually have a hygrometer...but my windows were getting slightly fogged. I opened one of my plugs for about 30 seconds a couple times just because it felt like the right thing to do.

How are your eggs doing now?

Back
Top Bottom