Just locked down and as I closed the top I got a pip!

Quote:
sad.png
My eggs are very quiet and intact. Tomorrrow is the 21st day...

Quote:
sad.png
My eggs are very quiet and intact. Tomorrrow is the 21st day...

Have you candled along the way? Have any idea of what temperature you were at through the duration? Any variances in temperature?

I ran my bator for a long time before putting these eggs in so I knew the temp would be constant......Hmm..... If yours were at a slightly lower than normal temperature - they could be taking longer to hatch. What kind of a setup do you have? Did you have them in an automatic egg turner?

I have five babies jumping around in there now. I need to get them out of there tonight even though they're all still wet. Any more viable eggs might be jostled too much to hatch at this point. They're rockin' and rollin' in there with the chicks.

Whoo hoo! Congrats!!! I only ended up with 4...but didn't have much hope for the others as I lost so many during the incubation...think whoever I got the eggs from (local auction) isn't feeding their flock appropriately as I have had 100% hatches before with the same incubator at the same temps and humidity. But, I am happy with the fuzzies I got!

smile.png

My hatch date is friday,today I was taking them out of the turner and one had pipped,and now I have another.I have 40 eggs in bator.12 from auction and the rest are from my flock.

Congrats, BDG!!! (what's yer name, by the way??
smile.png
)

I have 7 in the brooder now. There are three more Polish eggs to hatch and one guinea. One of the Polish eggs kind of smells funny at this point, but I don't know if it's the egg or the goop inside the bator. There are no more pips yet. I have a feeling that these 7 chicks jostled around the other eggs too much! The guinea will take longer, obviously! I hope it hatches.

Henney...congrats to you too. I hope you get a good hatch! Please keep us updated!

p.s..... the chicks in the brooder aren't fluffy yet and look quite pathetic!
big_smile.png

Congrats on your new babies! How exciting. I got 10 eggs from What ya got Swap, and put them in my home made incubator. I am candling them (now at day 14), and a few look like they are actually developing. I used a water heater thermostat, and doesn't seem very accurate. So after this round I will change it out for a wafer thermostat.

Have fun with your new babies!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Congratulations!
big_smile.png

I have my final 7 polish now. I'm going to chuck the other eggs tomorrow. I still have the guinea to hatch out though....

44824_hatch_8-4-11.jpg
Today is day 21 so will leave others untill tomorow,it really stinks in there.I ended up with two splash,two blues and seven buff orpintons out of forty eggs

Back
Top Bottom