In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 22, 2012
Mississippi
My Coop
My Coop
We ordered 8 chicks from Meyer's.
wee.gif
4 "Easter Eggers" (hoping for some interesting looking girls), 2 Black Australorpes, and 2 Barred Rocks. One of each is for my mom's chicken tractor (so she will have 3) and then 3 of the EEs, and one each of the other 2 are staying at home with me.

We are getting them Feb 22nd-24th. I am soooooooo excited! Looking forward to chicken antics and eventually, eggs. I cleared the area where their coop and run will be yesterday, and I will start to work on it slowly of the next month or so....I know they won't be in it for a while, but I want it to be done so that I can keep an eye out for leaks and what not before they move out there.

Anyone else waiting on chicks?
D.gif

I just ordered mine from My Pet Chicken! I have never had chickens before, so I chose breeds for calm personalities (I hope.) 1 Partridge Cochin, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Easter Egger (excited about unusual egg color) and 1 Delaware. They are supposed to come in early April. I am so excited!
jumpy.gif

I'm eagerly and unpatiently waiting for mine! Mine are coming March 5th and time is going by way to slowwww... Congrats on yours and be sure to post pics when you get them! :)

I have the same arrival dates you do, mommabice! I ordered from Meyer's, but we're getting 40 straight run Barred Plymouth Rocks. Can NOT wait! We have an empty huge new coop and a fenced run that's about 1/2 an acre. We will be using our chickens for both meat and eggs, as well as (hopefully) having them naturally propagate. I have the brooder almost set up, but need to test out the lamps with a thermometer and add the bedding. Yippee!
wee.gif

$43....yikes! However, I think that is more to do with it being small number = faster and warmer shipping (they have to put a heat supply in the box). All together the order was only $60ish. I didn't mind the cost of shipping since we can only have a few chickens, and I do not have anybody to give away the chickens to if I ordered 25 like most places want you to do. None of the feed/farm stores here will order chicks until much later in the spring (like a week or so before Easter), and they don't do custom orders...just straight runs of a cheap chick. This was sort of my only option.

I'm getting 7 Cochin chicks from Ideal next Friday and can't wait! I have my brooder set up for 15 in case I have that many packing peanuts. Hoping I have a few quiet girls in there somewhere because I only can keep about 4 :/

I just ordered some standard brahma pullets and also some cochins from Ideal too. I am excited to see what I get because four of them will be frizzle! They are suppose to be here Wednesday :) I am so excited.

I also ordered some new chicks from MPC. I ordered them for the week of April 9th but am wishing I ordered them for earlier now as the wait is killing me.

Back
Top Bottom