Just paid $5.99 for a jar of mayonaisse!!

Quote:
yeah, you could make a killin' probably just from byc'ers'
clap.gif

i looked at your yogurt recipe and don't think i could do that without seeing someone do it first
hu.gif
i am more of a hands on person. same thing with homemade bread. i can make homemade rolls. but tried the bread thing. it was so hard! nothing like the recipe described and i followed the instructions to the T! (btw - it was a recipe from grit or mother earth news cant remember which)
hu.gif

wendy

Quote:
Even salt is toxic if ingested in very large quantities. Borax is toxic but also only in very large quantities. I used it on my son's cloth diapers every day, and even to clean my toilet. It's allot less toxic than bleach and other chemicals.

Dove

Saving money on food is part of my job, since I quit my job to have a baby! LOL I found lots of great advice on saving money at www.hillbillyhousewife.com They even have an emergency meal plan based on $45/week budget for food. That was priced in 2006, and I bet the prices have gone up.

One tip I picked up from the site is Dry Milk. Even if you just use it to cook with, it will save you some money. Or you can make some up and mix it equal parts with whole milk to make 2% milk. I've also started cooking with beans more. I just love Lentils!!

Dove

Miss Prissy. Doesnt your Walmart carry Dukes. Our does. Its the only mayonaise I will use. I grew up eating Hellmans but I think Dukes is creamier. I buy it at Walmart for 2.74 a jar.
Stopped using Hellmans when the only jar I could find in Publix was in spanish.

I never knew milk was not all powdered until I was about 10 years old! My folks said sometimes we mixed it with regualr milk but I always remember just making milke from powdered milk and cold water. It must haved saved us a bundle! Oh, and I LOVE lentils...

Quote:
I agree on the dukes. I am usually not a brand specific person but only Dukes or Sauers will do for me. I did notice a slight decline in the taste of dukes when Sauers bought them out. Dukes is still the superior mayonnaise though.

Back
Top Bottom