Just put the girls in the coop *Pics*

very nice!!! your a good mommy
thumbsup.gif

When I first started with my day old chicks, I thought they were eating the pine shavings, so I took them out and left the bare crate with some paper towels. They ate the paper towels, so I took those out. Needless to say, after a couple of hours, they were wading in a sea of droppings, so back in went the pine shavings. If they ate them, it never had an effect on them, as they are fat and healthy now. Not only is the bedding more sanitary and smelly-goody, they like to have something to scratch around in.

I just checked on them and they did great there first night. They where up eating and drinking and were not doing the upset peep....I think this will work out for them just fine...they seem to be content!

Cute coop/run! A couple suggestions: I'd put feed sacks or something into the nest boxes until they are of laying age; you really don't want them to be using your nest boxes as a place to sleep or hang out, because they'll poop in their and when they get to laying age, your eggs will always be dirty from the habit. I just use empty feed sacks and stuff them in until they are ready to lay.

Also, the wood dowels on your roosting ladder really should be switched out to 2x4's (place the 4" side horizontally). This way, they can snuggle down and their feathers will protect their toes when it's cold.

Otherwise, it looks great, and your girls look happy & healthy!
thumbsup.gif
Nice job!

Back
Top Bottom