just putBLRW and PR under my broody!!pictures!!!

willkatdawson

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Ga
I've had a BO being broody for about 3 weeks now and it finally got the best of me. I looked in our Farmers Market Bulletin and found some blue laced red wyandottes and a partridge rock chick. I was going to get 4 of each breed but I could only find one female PR so I'll go back tomorrow when the rest have finished hatching.

8175_mille_and_blwd_014.jpg

Mille is such a great mom. I put the chicks under her in the middle of the day and she settled right down on them.
8175_mille_and_blwd_024.jpg

I added 3 more partridge rocks under her today for a total of 8 chicks. She just took them right in.
8175_mille_and_blrwpr_013.jpg

8175_mille_and_blrwpr_015.jpg

Last edited:
it is grow gel that I purchase from a hatchery several month ago. You put water in it and it puffs up so they can nibble on it even if they aren't ready for a real drink, plus it's full of nutrients. Kind of gives them a head start.

Thanks for posting the pics. I had not seen a good photo of BLRW or PR chicks and was curious what they looked like. I have 3 BLRW and 1 PR (along with 20 others) coming in about 3 1/2 weeks.

You're welcome. I was hoping to get 4 PR, but when I got there he only had one female that had hatched and dried.

Back
Top Bottom