1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just received HB Genesis and Turner 1610......Does the turner make

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by island.girlie, Oct 28, 2008.

1. island.girlie

island.girlie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aloha Everyone,
    I received my incubator and turner today (thanks H&BB). I'm really excited, but also concerned. My question is, does the automatic turner make any noise at all? I'm not sure mine is working. I don't think it's turned since I plugged it in. I'm doing the test run and the incubator is working fine, but the turner I'm not so sure. I'm watching it now hoping it operates.

I have Ameraucana, Black Australorp, and New Hampshire eggs on the way. I'll have a full rack for incubation and have my fingers crossed that the trip to Hawaii didn't hurt.

Hooray for chickens!! [​IMG]

Thank you for your help in advance.

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I dont have a hovabator, but my turner in my styrobator doesn't make a sqeak.... and as well, if you aren't watching it, it appears that it isn't working. Its because it moves so slllllloooooowwwww.

3. Jamie821

Jamie821 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Niota, Tennessee
    It doesnt make noise and it moves so gradually you cant see it. Leave it running and go back in a couple hours and see if it is in a different position. Also it turns the eggs six times a day so you may be in a time when it is not turning them.

4. island.girlie

Ok, I'm going to leave it plugged in through the night, and hopefully I can find it in a different position soon. At first I thought maybe it had an ON switch or something. Then, I thought well maybe it need the incubator to be operating at the same time? Well, I'll be patient. Thanks guys!! [​IMG]

5. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    I got the same bator last week , and I thought the same thing its not working but in the instructions it says it takes 4 hrs. for it to turn the eggs it is very slow.

6. island.girlie

How long till you seen yours in a different position Mr. Lewis? I had mine on for the whole afternoon and it was always in the same postion. Now It's only been on for about three hours for the evening and same o same o. But like I said I'll be patient. I did read the 4 hour notation, and maybe I missed the turns earlier. Thanks for all the guidance!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  7. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Yes you may have missed it. But it does say it has to be level to work, you could take it out and put it on a level surface and if it works you need to strighten out the wire in the bottom, it took me awhile to get it level. It just tilts from side to side very slow.

8. island.girlie

Ok, thank you! [​IMG]

9. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    island.girlie, trust me, it works! I have the same model and I sat there STARING at it for a 10-15 minutes at a time and couldn't see a thing. Thought it was broken, so gave up for a while and walked away. Came back a few hours later and lo-and-behold, the thing had turned in the other direction. [​IMG]

10. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I have the same bator/turner and the only thing I hear (if I'm listening hard) is a little click when the eggs shift. That's it! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by