Just seen this ad on craigslist.....

Quote:
I agree. If there is a shelter, than why not drop the dog there and give it a chance at having a good life with another family. He has other options than shooting, that is what makes what he is doing so dispicable.

not these days everyone is hurting for money that dog looks to be older if hes out money feeding it. i bet if someone went to him and said ill take the dog off your hands he would. have you people ever tried to drop off a animal at a shelter it COSTS MONEY!!!! even if you find a dog or cat and drop it off they ask for a deposit to help feed them. a bullet cost a hole .15 cents and if hes like my father inlaw makes his own out of saved shells even cheeper. now adays its all about money dont be nieve. dont get me wrong im an animal lover i have lots of pets 5 ducks 2 turkeys 43 chickens 4 goats 3 hamstars 2 dogs and 2 cats and tons of fish, and most of them are rescues. but if this guy is trying to "milk" money he has the right to sell the dog before he kills it. i know people who are selling ANYTHING to make a house payment. plus does anyone know the history of this dog??? nope it said nothing but this dog will be nice to you if your nice to it. what if he had small children that yanked on its tail once to many times and the dog bit that child in the face? i know i wouldnt put up with that poop. i killed many animals because of temper around my children. just think. its just an animal and thats whats wrong with the world today to many people huminizing their pets. a dog is a dog and should be treated as such.

Not true of all shelters. A bullet may be cheap, that doesn't make it the right solution. - none of the shelters where I live charge for strays. None.

Quote:
I agree. If there is a shelter, than why not drop the dog there and give it a chance at having a good life with another family. He has other options than shooting, that is what makes what he is doing so dispicable.

not these days everyone is hurting for money that dog looks to be older if hes out money feeding it. i bet if someone went to him and said ill take the dog off your hands he would. have you people ever tried to drop off a animal at a shelter it COSTS MONEY!!!! even if you find a dog or cat and drop it off they ask for a deposit to help feed them. a bullet cost a hole .15 cents and if hes like my father inlaw makes his own out of saved shells even cheeper. now adays its all about money dont be nieve. dont get me wrong im an animal lover i have lots of pets 5 ducks 2 turkeys 43 chickens 4 goats 3 hamstars 2 dogs and 2 cats and tons of fish, and most of them are rescues. but if this guy is trying to "milk" money he has the right to sell the dog before he kills it. i know people who are selling ANYTHING to make a house payment. plus does anyone know the history of this dog??? nope it said nothing but this dog will be nice to you if your nice to it. what if he had small children that yanked on its tail once to many times and the dog bit that child in the face? i know i wouldnt put up with that poop. i killed many animals because of temper around my children. just think. its just an animal and thats whats wrong with the world today to many people huminizing their pets. a dog is a dog and should be treated as such.

Well if he needs money that bad he should not keep no animals then...he is a creep and the things you are saying as far as the ad goes are not the case.

Quote:
No I did not even leave today, sorry for no update. I will follow up Monday with a call to AC though and see what they say.

Quote:

Not true of all shelters. A bullet may be cheap, that doesn't make it the right solution. - none of the shelters where I live charge for strays. None.

None charge here or use bullets either.

Quote:

Well if he needs money that bad he should not keep no animals then...he is a creep and the things you are saying as far as the ad goes are not the case.

how do you know... what the case maybe. the ad was very short. didnt say much just im selling my dog and if i dont sell it im going to kill it. I agree if people dont have money they dont need animals he was also selling a ram and and another animal so he might have been downsizing because he.... himmmm couldnt i dont know afford them people are loosing jobs left and right things change in a blink of an eye im just saying all these people calling him a creep you dont know the whole story. give him a freekin break.

Last edited:
Quote:

well you must be very fortunant to live in an area where they take strays in for free here where live which is a hop skip and a jump away from him they charge 20$ for each cat you bring in and around 60$ per dog because there are so many unwanted animal because of darn breeders who over populate this world with unwanted pets our shelter had 600 somewhat cats in it is that a life you want for an animal?? to live in a little room full of other unwanted cats??? that to me is no life. or in a 6x6 cage all its life until it might or may not find a home. and now even no kill shelters are ethanizing animals because they have to many. animals go crazy in shelters, and almost down right tourcher. so im sorry if i think putting an unwanted dog down and put it to rest, then to unload it upon some overwhelmed shelter thats drownding with unwanted pets.

Last edited:
Quote:

well you must be very fortunant to live in an area where they take strays in for free here where live which is a hop skip and a jump away from him they charge 20$ for each cat you bring in and around 60$ per dog because there are so many unwanted animal because of darn breeders who over populate this world with unwanted pets our shelter had 600 somewhat cats in it is that a life you want for an animal?? to live in a little room full of other unwanted cats??? that to me is no life. and almost down right tourcher. so im sorry if i think putting an unwanted dog down and put it to rest then to unload it upon some overwhelmed shelter thats drownding with unwanted pets.

Many animals are adopted at shelters - if you take it there, it has a chance. If you shoot it, it has none. I am extremely poor. Waaay below the poverty line poor. I know what poor and desperate feels like. Been that way most of my life. I have sympathy for those going through tough times. I got none for people who get animals and then are too lazy or cheap to give them a chance at a better life. A shelter offers a chance at a better life. Placing an ad telling about the dog and the situation which describes the type of dog it is, what kind of home it needs would give the dog a chance at a better life. The ad that guy wrote doesn't do anything to attempt to really place the dog in a good home. All that guys ad does is make the dog a hostage for his terrorist demands. Animals do get adopted from shelters. As poor as I am, I have 2 shelter dogs. Most of my family and friends have pet they gotten at shelters. If you shoot a dog, it has no chance. At a shelter, it could be adopted. I think if you give me the choice between being shot or going to the shelter where i will stay a short while with a chance of going to a nice family - I would take my chances at the shelter.

Last edited:
We have ONE no kill shelter here that does not charge. Everyone else does. Which is why many animals are left tied up to the fence or in a box.

I will never understand why a shelter charges for them to come IN and OUT!

Actually a well placed bullet has been argued to be more humane than the methods the shelters use since few have the money to sedate before killing. Even vet techs have backed that up. A study was done with an eeg machine that found the brain waves spike the same as a panicking animal when injected for chemical euthanasia. They just can't respond physically. It's been repeated by many vet schools when training vets and vet techs. A well placed bullet on the other hand eliminates brain function immediately. Personally I would prefer to put down all my animals that need it by bullet or bolt gun instead of chemicals and that's the method I use for meat rabbits because it's instant so I don't see why shooting a dog is inhumane at all. The reasons may be immoral but it's the best way for most people to put down an animal and may even be superior to chemical euthanasia or other methods that shelters use. The methods that some shelters use to save money has been called in to question many times.

It's also $40 here to pts anything over about 5lbs no matter who you call and it's $50 or an equivalent donation to drop off an animal at shelters around here. If they'll even take them which I've been unable to get rid of healthy young animals I've found running loose because the no kill shelters are so full. Some even call the vet and work out a deal to pts the healthy animal for cheaper so they can continue to claim their no kill status while being too full to take in more animals. I still owe a shelter because I had them pts a rabbit with a prolapsed uterus who was bleeding to death before I got a gun to start butchering meat rabbits with. It's in the $100s to put down large livestock and have them hauled away to all legal requirements. I'd much rather see people shoot them when they can't afford it than some of the other options that go on like releasing the animal or dumping it somewhere. People were actually just releasing horses in to fields where they wandered on to highways when there was a huge hay shortage at the same time the slaughter plants closed so that the horse market pretty much crashed. Wild dog packs starving and wreaking havoc aren't uncommon from people dumping them further out in the country when they can't take care of them, can't find them a home, and don't have the guts to put them down properly. I've caught a few of those while they were trying to attack my animals or after successfully killing many chickens and they usually get pts if someone I know doesn't shoot them because the shelters are too full. Especially if the dog has been running loose for awhile which tends to make them violent towards smaller animals that could be prey and occasionally aggressive toward humans. The shelters don't want them.

Quote:

how do you know... what the case maybe. the ad was very short. didnt say much just im selling my dog and if i dont sell it im going to kill it. I agree if people dont have money they dont need animals he was also selling a ram and and another animal so he might have been downsizing because he.... himmmm couldnt i dont know afford them people are loosing jobs left and right things change in a blink of an eye im just saying all these people calling him a creep you dont know the whole story. give him a freekin break.

You don't know either but based on the ad and his tone and comments in the ad, that is the way I feel and my opinion. It is up to the AC and sheriff to handle him now. I feel better knowing and hoping the dog has a chance now. I def. would not give him any money. "all you animal lovers"? what do you call this....he has no heart for the dog or people then neither do I for him.

Back
Top Bottom