Just some pics i took today, didn't stay out long it was COOOOLD brrrr

Mamachic, I can talk to Ron (Friend who built it) for you, or give you his number if you'd like. He's in Keansburg/North Middletown area. It wasn't cheap...But I insisted on all hardware cloth, so that's one reason it was so expensive..... and he only worked weekends, sometimes a weekday afternoon after his other job. But he did do a great job!

Dawn

I believe I may be experiencing chicken run envy!
droolin.gif

Great run, and if you get tired of chickens, you could slap up some OSB and insulation and turn the run into a guest house!!!

Quote:
I hope you are not using interior lumber because it won't last due to the weather. I rather spend extra money and go with treated lumber.

2x4's are just as cheap as 2x2's and so much more structural. It's a nicely done job...Push come to shove, you could double plate the top of the wall, and put a real roof on it....You could never do that, with 2x2's.

Yes, I would like to put a roof on it eventually, to cut down on mud and snow in the run. I'd greatly appreciate advice on exactly how to do that!
big_smile.png
What about using corrugated plastic roofing? I would need to raise the roof in the center or on one side right, so it slopes at an angle?

Nice coop!

We put corregated tin over 1/2, and fencing on the other 1/2.

Here's a pic - not sure how well you can see it, but the roof slopes down one side and comes down 12" down the other slope to help keep rain out.

61628_coup_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom