just the time to get sick!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by arabookworm, Dec 23, 2009.

1. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    yesterday I was feeling a little off, but nothing major, but today I have a headache, backache, stomachache, stuffy nose, sore throat, fever, etc. and tomorrow we are supposed to drive up to toronto to visit family and friends up there. the most annoying part is that I almost never get sick, so of course when I do, the illness is strategically timed to cause the most trouble!

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Hope you feel better soon, but it sounds like the holiday is going to be a wash for you. A couple years ago we had an anti-Christmas. The entire family, even the extended family, was sick with the flu. Worst Christmas ever. I think the only one who had fun was my daughter (2 y.o at that time). She didn't care that she was running 103 degree fever. [​IMG]

3. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I hope you feel better sooner than later. I did want to comment on your signature line. You might want to check into this further but I have always heard there is no Avian flu in the USA.

4. Cornychick

Cornychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    I pity you. Two years ago, the four of us piled in the car for a 9 hour trip to FIL house for christmas. We were not looking forward to the drive and were joking around about making up something about being sick to get out of it. Well, one hour from our destination, it started. DH had to pull over and get rid of his lunch. By that night, we were taking turns running to the bathroom. I can't remember the last time we were that sick. The whole weekend we were ill! We don't even joke about calling in sick when we aren't anymore!!

5. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    I hope you get better soon! My DD woke me up puking all over my blankets yumm.

6. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    the last time I was sick enough to be throwing up I also had second and third degree burns on both legs, so that was fun, and the time before that we were taking AP tests, which you can't reschedule. I'm telling you, illness is evil, does it on purpose.

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    So sorry you're being plagued Arabook. I hope it leaves you SOON!

8. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Get well soon!

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I sincerely hope you feel better soon. [​IMG] Been there, done that.

10. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Hope you are feeling better.My son was sick with 104 fever and now cough.I started to get sick as he was on the mend.Dh teases me that I waited till he got home to get sick. I still have to cook,clean,and tend to family/animals but after I am done each time I lay in bed with a cup of soup and rest.After presents and lunch I am laying down again.

Speedy healings!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by