Just told I have 14 days OR ELSE (Chicken Laws in South FLORIDA)

Quote:
Remove chickens and roosters from property.

These parts are not stated on the website. They were later added to the document I recieved.

Ref Pg. 17

Ths is where is begins to list the different kind of agriculture allowed in which zone. Well, which kind of agriculture am I? Not stated.

Also, I noted the first line of the letter states:

Zoning Classification: RH

After scouring the online document I have found no indication of a zone labeled "RH". Am I therefore led to believe "RH" does not exist and is not apart of the oridinances set thereforth?

To me this all seems kind of just thrown together. I am in no way an expert at reading documents as complicated as this (I sware they make it complicated on purpose to confuse us simpleminded folk) but it just doesn't state things clearly. In no way shape or form do I see anything at all that clearly states that I cannot keep chickens for one reason or another.

Opinions?​

"RH" may be a catch-all zoning term; here we have R1 R2 R3 etc. and when defined together the term is RR. YMMV.​

I searched the entire document. No reference to RH at all is made.

Id also like to add that I DO NOT fall under any of the definitions of agriculture. Bona Fide begins definition on page 27, number 3

How has it been since your last post back in july, are you still fighting do you still have your chickens. A updater would be great and I hoped it worked out for you as i was reading the post. thanks

Reading through all the above, I would conclude that if you can show/claim that the animal is kept as a pet and your animal does not become a nuisance to neighbors because of noise, smell, sanitation issues or encroachment on neighbors property then you should be fine. Some ordinances also specify limits on the amount of animals. However, once your neighbors complain you don't have much grounds to stand on.

Back
Top Bottom