Just want to cry!

Tracy the chick

Songster
8 Years
Aug 28, 2011
Uk
My whole flock has (Coryza) they are on baytril once a day but will be switching to bacterin injections from monday every 2 days.. My vet is very good and is going to help me best she can.
I think i know deep down there going to have to be culled! Im trying everything possible.. I have 15, i had one with a swollen eye and managed to cure it with bathing it every 4 hours with warm water & eye drops so i put her back out today after been in house for 3 days and ended up bringing another one in but this one is limping! When will it end! Am i being cruel keeping them alive... I know i cant bring any new ones in or out....
There are 5 that arent showing any symptoms at all but i know they have the desease.. Ill keep trying best i can...

Thanks guys, i feel a bit better now ive had a good cry, going to think positive... I took your advice about the yogurt and got some priobotic natural yogurt and the loved it.. Chicken with the limp has had some anti inflamatry and put back with the others as i dont want her leg going stiff sat in one place...

Try to think positive. Give the meds a chance to work. Hang in there!

hugs.gif

Feel like im getting somewhere today
smile.png
they have finished there 3 day course of baytril and ive just recieved my 2 day course of injections! Apparantly the vet has recommended (Tylon) as it treats MG and Coryza.. The chicken with the swollen eye is eating & drinking and her eye is wide open now
clap.gif
.... My father in law is just about to start injecting my 15 chickens.... The vet recomends 2 days of injections but as i now have a 100 ml bottle does anyone think i should do it for 3 days to be on the safe side?..

Back
Top Bottom