Just want to talk about my babies

ScottyGill

Songster
Jun 22, 2019
Dunoon, Argyll & Bute, Scotland
My 3 hatched nearly 3 weeks ago. I have a cream Legbar cockerel and pullet and a black maran who I’m not sure what it is but it’s behaviour and tail are like the Legbar pullet. The little cockerel is completely different behaviour and today while they were outside for a while in the sun we saw him picking bits of greenery and give them to his twinny! He’s also always strutting about ready to fly. However after increasing height of their brooder box after a few chicken run situations they now have a spar to roost on. Georgie the pullet managed first! Josh couldn’t work out how to do it, so he made it to the top of his water container which has safely sat on top of the brooder warmer for two weeks. He couldn’t work out how to get back down so he leapt on the water container knocking over. Which is why they are here on my carpet while the main box drys out. Entire new brooder box set up has ensued, first time raising chicks so am only half a step ahead I think. Am loving it!!
DC6EE309-A97C-4006-AF13-CF44CD42DBA8.jpeg
4EC3BC22-D4CC-41A5-BDA9-A5C004219A1D.jpeg
6CBC2535-D035-467C-A770-F0653797E992.jpeg

Attachments

• B70E8D60-827D-487F-AB44-892F65FF4468.jpeg
    B70E8D60-827D-487F-AB44-892F65FF4468.jpeg
    404.1 KB · Views: 1
Congrats on the 3 hatching! They grow and change so quickly...do you have their coop ready?
The hen house is ready and the actual outside area is currently being fenced. We’re going to start of with a fairly decent sized area and eventually let them free range our back garden but there’s a few places we need to secure. Will wait till they are a bit bigger and more established before that. We had hens before and that’s how we did it and it worked well. Still can’t believe these wee fluff balls will be ready for sleeping out there in 3 weeks!

The hen house is ready and the actual outside area is currently being fenced. We’re going to start of with a fairly decent sized area and eventually let them free range our back garden but there’s a few places we need to secure. Will wait till they are a bit bigger and more established before that. We had hens before and that’s how we did it and it worked well. Still can’t believe these wee fluff balls will be ready for sleeping out there in 3 weeks!

Kids...they grow up so fast :p

Back
Top Bottom