Just want to verify!

Beautiful bunch of birds. I agree with the others on all except the rir I think it might be a new hampshire or production red roo

Thanks again for the info, although now I need to figure out what to do with the roo's since I can't have them in my subdivision. I paid extra to have them sexed - guess I need to go back to the person I got them from.

Pointy hackle feathers, bigger, redder comb (compared to the others) dominant personality, and saddle feathers longer, also the start of spurs, but more of the others.

Thanks to the both of you. One more question for chickencrazy429: when I've taken the chicks outside (during the few warmer days) the BO & RIR will sometimes fight; would that be an indication that maybe the RIR is also a male? Or not necessarily since they are still young and they're maybe just figuring out the pecking order? Any help and tips are appreciated.
Um, it could be, but was the RIR in a pullet bin? Does the RIR fit any of the characteristics I posted above??? They could be just figuring out the pecking order, but like ChicCrazyInNC said we can only do methods, and hope for the best!

Okay, thanks. I got them from a local breeder, so not from a bin. So far only the Buff shows some of the characteristics but as I searched different threads the Buffs are the most difficult to sex by the characteristics.

The lady I got them from used the vent sexing method and she seemed very comfortable doing so; she is willing to work with me - I figure I'll wait it out another couple of months or so to see if it starts laying or crowing ;-)... Thanks again for all the help!

Last edited:
You're welcome!! Keeping my fingers crossed for a pullet!
fl.gif

Okay, here is my update. My latest guess on age is 12 - 14 wks. I'm quite certain the BR & Dominque are pullets, but the other 3 could be roos (quite certain the Buff is a roo).

Below are some additional pics if anyone would like to comment on the gender of the BO, RIR & Sexlink.

Here are pics of my buff:

The 3rd pic also shows my RIR (probably production red); and here are more:

The last one shows the Red sexlink in the background, and here are a few more of the sexlink:

So I'm unsure of the gender of these 3...

Back
Top Bottom