Just wanting to make sure of gendar

20171128_203827.jpg
saddle feather ends

Is this chicken is a hen would she be fighting the roo because he's a month younger than her?

In my signature follow my link to pictures of some of my birds. Halfway down or better is last year's barred rock rooster at about the same age as yours for your comparison.
My BR's legs are no were near that yellow and neather is it's beak. And it's face is not that red eather. Man I'm so confused about this chicken. No crow yet or eggs and if it's a girl I most likely won't have eggs till spring. Non in my flock are laying.

spur buds mean nothing. All chickens, male and female, have spur buds. Some females actually grow spurs as well... my golden spangled hamburg pullet is growing spurs. But she's definitely a female...

for this BR... the first pics, where its got the saddle on... it looks male. The coloring looks male... but, I don't really see male saddle feathers on it. The hackles though, soooo male. So, this bird is really confusing to me.

spur buds mean nothing. All chickens, male and female, have spur buds. Some females actually grow spurs as well... my golden spangled hamburg pullet is growing spurs. But she's definitely a female...

for this BR... the first pics, where its got the saddle on... it looks male. The coloring looks male... but, I don't really see male saddle feathers on it. The hackles though, soooo male. So, this bird is really confusing to me.
Yeah me to.

Back
Top Bottom