Karen feeling bad

She isn't feeling good. Poor Karen. Do you think she may have eaten something toxic? If she isn't eating or drinking though doing a flush won't help unless you do it like tube feeding.
Yeah I'm ready to break out the tube feeding supplies. We always try our best to keep the yard free of anything unnatural so I don't think it's super likely for her to eat something toxic

I saw her poop and other than the green and it's not bright green but just green most likely that just means she isn't eating. If she isn't drinking though you need to hydrate her before starting the tube feeding with actual food. Do you have the info on tube feeding?

I saw her poop and other than the green and it's not bright green but just green most likely that just means she isn't eating. If she isn't drinking though you need to hydrate her before starting the tube feeding with actual food. Do you have the info on tube feeding?
Yes I had to do it before on penguin and puffin last year I still have the supplies and have pedialyte on hand

I tube fed her pedialyte and then the oxbow. It looked and smelled perfectly normal so I think it should be fine. Karen and Penguin have been picking on Pipsqueak for awhile so I have been separating them, but now I have to have Karen alone in the coop so I improvised a jail for penguin when she started going after pipsqueak.

I tube fed her pedialyte and then the oxbow. It looked and smelled perfectly normal so I think it should be fine. Karen and Penguin have been picking on Pipsqueak for awhile so I have been separating them, but now I have to have Karen alone in the coop so I improvised a jail for penguin when she started going after pipsqueak.
I have to do the same I keep a large dog crate in the coop so a bully can spend the night locked up.
That's great you got her tube fed, Hopefully, this will help get her feeling much better. It may take more than one time though.

Yes there was mucous hopefully getting her hydrated will get that cleared up.
How is Karen this morning?
She seems to be mostly the same maybe slightly better. She was in the exact same spot right next to her water bowl when I went out this morning as she was last night so I assume she didn't move around last night. She slept right in front of the water but it looks to still be very full so I am unsure if she drank any or not. I gave her another 1ml each of poultry cell and b12 and she definitely fought me a little more today than yesterday so that is good. Pretty hot day here in FL for her to be in the coop all day especially if she isn't drinking. I'm gonna keep an eye on her and probably set up a cage inside for her soon.

Back
Top Bottom