Karen feeling bad

Pics

SolarDuck

Free Ranging
Jan 31, 2020
Hey guys it's been awhile Life has been very complicated lately. My duckos have been doing food for awhile but yesterday I noticed Karen just wasn't really moving around at all. After she was sitting in the same spot for a couple hours yesterday I went out to check on her and she had plenty of energy to get up to try to run away from me but I grabbed her and put her in the coop with a bowl of water with some rooster booster and a bowl of food with some mealworms on top. Left her in overnight snd it seems she only ate a couple of the mealworms.

This morning I gave her a 1ml syringe of rooster booster poultry cell and 1ml of rooster booster liquid b12 plus vitamin k hoping it would perk her up but she has been out for about 3 hours now just sitting next to the pool not really moving at all.

I will continue to monitor her eating and will start tube feeding soon if she doesn't start eating again. Unfortunately right now I am not at a place in life that I have any money. My dad is taking care of me while I am trying to recover from a disability so I just cannot afford to go to the vet, I might be able to afford some medicine from tractor supply on borrowed money if needed.
I do have some horse ivermectin I could mix in with food if I do end up tube feeding. Also I have a bag of oxbow critical care omnivore from the last time my ducks got sick, but it says best by September 2022. It's an unopened bag is it the type of thing thwt the best by date matters?

If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do other than what I am already doing it would be appreciated.

awww poor sweet Karen duck. It sounds like you are doing very good things to help her. How does her poop look? I wonder if she has some kind of worms , perhaps you can worm her.? Im thinking thats why you mentioned you have ivermectin...? I had my ducks for 7 years, never dewormed them, then I added a couple chickens to my flock and learned all about worms!I cant think of anything else for general unwellness offhand except maybe an epsom salt bath soaking? (but of course dont let her drink any) Is there an older thread that explains the beginning of her illness?

@SolarDuck when did she lay last? Do you have calcium Gluconate on hand? So sorry to hear Karen isn’t feeling well and your also having problems.
I do not have any on hand but actually yesterday I found a soft shell egg in the yard but don't know who laid it. She isn't showing any signs of egg binding to my knowledge though.

awww poor sweet Karen duck. It sounds like you are doing very good things to help her. How does her poop look? I wonder if she has some kind of worms , perhaps you can worm her.? Im thinking thats why you mentioned you have ivermectin...? I had my ducks for 7 years, never dewormed them, then I added a couple chickens to my flock and learned all about worms!I cant think of anything else for general unwellness offhand except maybe an epsom salt bath soaking? (but of course dont let her drink any) Is there an older thread that explains the beginning of her illness?
Yeah her poop was definitely a little greener than usual but I didn't see anything in it. It really just started yesterday

Here are some up close pics of her poop

Attachments

• 20230708_152649.jpg
    20230708_152649.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230708_152655.jpg
    20230708_152655.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230708_152658.jpg
    20230708_152658.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230708_152702.jpg
    20230708_152702.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 1
She isn't feeling good. Poor Karen. Do you think she may have eaten something toxic? If she isn't eating or drinking though doing a flush won't help unless you do it like tube feeding.

Back
Top Bottom