Keene, NH Sun. June 14th, 2009 Chickenstock @ Agway

LOL! I could sure use an easy button right now!

I've thought about bringing the chicks camping actually, as they don't need warmth right now. But I'm expecting a hatch a week before the event, though most of the eggs look questionable right now.

Haha! I like the leaving a note tip and taking off!
wink.png
that'd go over real well I bet!
tongue.png
I'll get this figured out somehow!

Anyway, right now I have 3 chicks I want to sell, 1month old now, not sexed, a buff orpington, a red mix of some sort and possibly a true rumpless aracauna. And then more if I get hatchlings on the 7th!

Last edited:
Hi I'm a newbie here I could bring some of my crafts I have polymerclay eggs, do I need to bring a table and chairs? a tent if it rains? Or do people just sell out of their cars? I don't have a lot of stuff but eggs covered in clay sounded like they might belong at a chickenstock. I don't know what to expect I have never been to a chickenstock or a swap before...I guess I'm a little sheltered
hmm.png

first things first Welcome to the Swap world to both of you, its awesome, fun nerve wracking, well just plain awesome.
Do not be too nervouse, its great fun and once you gt going you will be an old pro.
Polymere eggs sound awesome, I was going to try that but never found the spare moment to give it a go.

I cant wait to see them.

Quote:
how about you take the chicks camping and hit keene on your way home

camping with chickens---now that cracks me up!
lau.gif

Quote:
how about you take the chicks camping and hit keene on your way home

camping with chickens---now that cracks me up!
lau.gif

our very first hatch we didnt think ahead, ended up putting the incubator in the camper and hatched our first chick ever, moose, at moosehillock campground, she was a birchen old english, was very cool, had to go into office looking for a feed store, forgot the things would need to eat, the lady at the desk said, what on earth did you bring camping that you need a feed store to feed!! LOL it was fun

well my turkeys didnt hatch eggs, I was unable to get more showgirl eggs to hatch and cant tell the boys from the girls for the showgirls I have (besides I love them all) and my pug puppies arent old enough to sell
hmm.png
. so I may just be buying and looking. I may bring 1 pug puppy to show off
smile.png
. I also think I have 2 rir roos a couple months old I could bring. I have a beautiful greyish (?blue splash) silkie from my showgirl hatch that Im pretty sure is a roo but hes so pretty and quiet I dont know how I could part with him. hes my yard candy
roll.png
its too hard to part with the birdies I hatched does anyone else have this problem?

Back
Top Bottom