1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Keep us in your prayers

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cejunes, Dec 6, 2010.

1. cejunes

cejunes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Post Falls, ID
    To my fellow BYCers...

This week has and is a difficult one. We lost a loved one over the weekend and we will be heading down to California from Idaho for services this week. The most difficult part is that the services are on my daughters 17th birthday and it is her great grandmother (my husband's grandmother). Both girls are being completely unselfish knowing that this trip is going to take what we had saved for Christmas and my daughter's birthday. As a mother this wrenches my heart like you wouldn't believe. I am blessed to have two teenage girls that came to my of their own accord telling me that they didn't need anything for Christmas and that the trip to California was more important. With my husband being self employed income stops when he's not here to work. Please keep us and especially the girls in your prayers. I know at 15 and 17 years old, the memories of this year will stay with them forever and I can't help but cry everytime I think about it. Please, pray we have a safe trip and that God takes care of them and blesses them in ways they never thought possible.

Thank you all!

2. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    [​IMG] Sorry for your loss of the grandmother.

It sounds like you did a great job with your girls.

3. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    [​IMG] so sorry to hear about your loss, consider a prayer sent.

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG] for your family.

Please drive carefully. Often, time spent with loved ones is the best present for a birthday and christmas.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm sorry about your family's loss,[​IMG] but some of those tears should be tears of joy over the incredible girls that you and your husband are raising.

6. cejunes

Jul 14, 2010
    Post Falls, ID
    Thank you all for your prayers. And, yes, I am very proud of both my girls. We will be leaving first thing in the morning.

7. misschickenlittle

misschickenlittle REALLY wants a new title

Oct 30, 2010
    Missouri
    [​IMG]
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    Have a safe trip and hug your daughters profusely!

8. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Take pictures along the way and put them in a photo album, give 1 to each girl. Be safe.

9. cejunes

Jul 14, 2010
    Post Falls, ID
    Quote:I love that idea. Thank you! I think I will do just that.

10. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    Sorry for your loss. Bless their hearts. They know the true meaning of family, and to them they are giving, and that is the spirit of Christmas.
    They will be rewarded for their selflessness. Prayers to you and yours.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by