Keep us in your thoughts...

Quick update....

The ER couldn't do anything about the cast as "it isn't their responsibility to determine if my wrist is healed"...
barnie.gif

So, we'll call the orthopedist on Monday and get to play "lets shuffle Dawn around some more"...
he.gif

The moral of the story....

If ya don't have health insurance, get some!!! or plan on never leaving home incase you get hurt!!!
lau.gif

Dawn

Dawn,
Sorry, I just found this thread. Glad to hear you and Skip are on the mend. How scarey. We had an "almost" in Hot Springs not too long ago. Now the SO is talking about buying me my own. No thanks. I like the back of his just fine. Best wishes for a continued recovery.
Kat

Hi Kat!

Thanks for your reply!
hugs.gif

So glad to hear that your "almost", was just that!
hugs.gif

It's so sad that most people don't pay us bike enthusiasts more attention. Those near-misses scare me more than the actual wreck did since we never saw it coming...one second, the road was clear, the next BAM!!! We never had time to react, it happened so fast and that was probably our saving grace.

I'm like you and don't really care if I have my own ride, or not. I like to tease Skip about it though and usually pick out the bikes that I know are too big for me to handle.
hugs.gif
I first started teasing him about getting me a 1200 when we first got together so it was funny when he found our's.
gig.gif

Hope you get feeling better soon, too! :aww

Dawn

Edited to add:

After Skip came home from rehab, we had a talk about what we could recall of the wreck. One thing that he couldn't get past was why the Sporty was upright against the Lexus that ran the red light when they loaded him into the ambulance, whodunnit and why???

The answer:

When we hit the car, I remember be able to see over Skip's helmet as the bike catapulted us thru the air, over the car and basically closing my eyes and kissing my you-know-what Good-bye...

Apparently, we hit hard enough that it caused the kick stand to come down on it's own and she landed upright. Leave it to a Harley to refuse to take it lying down... Harley's Rock!!!
cool.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom