Keep your fingers crossed - New run arrivig

Alagirl

Crowing
8 Years
Jun 19, 2015
Central Alabama
So things happened
And I never got around to build stuff.
Since the chicks are not stopping to grow, DH ordered a metal run. It shall arrive tomorrow.
I have hardware cloth to secure parts if needed. I have ground anchors I believe, I will need to purchase a tramp.

Just keep your fingers crossed it is a practical enclosure. I think it's 8x8, so should be on the snug side of size. I should have wood to make roosts.
Do chickens mind if the roost is not close to a wall?

I had bigger plans, but stuff just happens.

Oh, lord, another chapter in the chicken adventure.
The truck came to deliver the cage.
Unlike Lowe's the company hired by TSC opted for a shorter version of a full sized transfer truck.
The streets would have been wide enough, but we have an arch way leading into the neighborhood (as useful as a teat on a bull) and that truck was every bit of 20 feet tall!
The bed of it was at least 4f off the ground, and the 8f (or taller) panels had ample wiggle room overhead!
what nincompoop sends a truck like that to deliver to the end consumer?!
So we met at the grocery store parking lot. without climbing into the back of the truck (nope, I am too old to do that anymore without warmup) I could not determine how to get that thing out.

So, she delivered it to the store where the manager looked at me as if I had 2 heads 'so what do you want to do?'
I do not know.
Well, once the trucker lady called the store. the solution was simple: Unload it with the forklift, and put it on my pickup.

Right now it is cloudy and thundering, so things will have to wait until tomorrow.
Then I will pull the truck into the backyard and see what I can see.
So far the construction seems sturdy.

word to the wise: If your property cannot be accessed by a 100f tall semi-truck, ask for store delivery!
Trucker lady apologized profusely several times. Not her fault. Somebody with a higher pay grade messed that one up.

Oh, lord, another chapter in the chicken adventure.
The truck came to deliver the cage.
Unlike Lowe's the company hired by TSC opted for a shorter version of a full sized transfer truck.
The streets would have been wide enough, but we have an arch way leading into the neighborhood (as useful as a teat on a bull) and that truck was every bit of 20 feet tall!
The bed of it was at least 4f off the ground, and the 8f (or taller) panels had ample wiggle room overhead!
what nincompoop sends a truck like that to deliver to the end consumer?!
So we met at the grocery store parking lot. without climbing into the back of the truck (nope, I am too old to do that anymore without warmup) I could not determine how to get that thing out.

So, she delivered it to the store where the manager looked at me as if I had 2 heads 'so what do you want to do?'
I do not know.
Well, once the trucker lady called the store. the solution was simple: Unload it with the forklift, and put it on my pickup.

Right now it is cloudy and thundering, so things will have to wait until tomorrow.
Then I will pull the truck into the backyard and see what I can see.
So far the construction seems sturdy.

word to the wise: If your property cannot be accessed by a 100f tall semi-truck, ask for store delivery!
Trucker lady apologized profusely several times. Not her fault. Somebody with a higher pay grade messed that one up.
Legal hight of a CDL truck in most states is 13.6. I believe the highest allowed is 14', and those are mostly western states.

I feel your frustration though. Had more than a few deliveries show up in a tractor trailer. Plenty of room, but a tractor trailer has to back up my moderately steep gravel driveway and they just start spinning. If they listen to me and sent a box truck, they could have drove up the driveway and had plenty of room to turn around.

Back
Top Bottom