Keeping Fish

I have been off BYC for a bit so would someone please inform me on what is going on right now? It seems we are discussing pufferfish here but I don't know what I can do to help. (I did see that AxolotlLove found out that the pufferfish was a girl, the hard way)

Wishes,
Diana

Axolotl has a pufferfish now, which had been showing aggression to other fish by "kissing" them. Welcome back!

Regards,
Leaf

all the fry have passed except 7-8. I removed the mother yesterday. I have been really busy with my new canary so I haven't had time to get a bigger tank to raise them in.

What are you feeding them? Can you post a picture of their tank? How large are the fry? What substrate do you have in the tank?

Regards,
Leaf

The fry are only 2 days old. I don't have a suitable tank to raise them in now. I can't afford to buy a new one now, I just got another canary who is a young one who needs to be tamed, and I'm having company all weekend. The fry are doing fine now, they're eating fry food from the store. I think they'll survive.

The fry are only 2 days old. I don't have a suitable tank to raise them in now. I can't afford to buy a new one now, I just got another canary who is a young one who needs to be tamed, and I'm having company all weekend. The fry are doing fine now, they're eating fry food from the store. I think they'll survive.

A bowl should be fine as long as the substrate is suitable. Gravel and other objects that fry can get stuck in or under are not safe. Good luck with your fry!

Regards,
Leaf

Sorry about that Leaf... Some people put a net/tent or bars(to sit or walk on) over their ponds. Some even put the net directly on the surface of the water so it's barely noticeable. I hope you find a solution that fits you and your pond. Good luck:)
I added a plastic critter container with holes into my tank, Monroe wasn't looking too well and I thought I'd give him some personal space. Cleo is now next door to John Doe in the breeder box, and he's enjoying the company. Hopefully by the time Cleo heals I'll have more females and hideouts.

Back
Top Bottom