Keeping Fish

I'm keeping a turquoise/royal blue crowntail female(Elsa) in my tank until I move; then my mom will keep her for my little sister. I also got a gorgeous purple dumbo delta male. He's like a salamander, but with more of a lavender metallic sheen. His name is Anna
lol.png
my sister named him and the blue female

Please post pictures when you do get them
smile.png
I received a betta today but he's not the same as the one in the picture, and he was sixty bucks with shipping... the one I received is pretty but I'm hoping that I can either get the fish I payed for at no extra cost, or get a refund and keep this fish(if the original fish got lost or died)

Please post pictures when you do get them:)  I received a betta today but he's not the same as the one in the picture, and he was sixty bucks with shipping... the one I received is pretty but I'm hoping that I can either get the fish I payed for at no extra cost, or get a refund and keep this fish(if the original fish got lost or died)

I will post pictures for sure. Sixty dollars for a fish? Whoa. I think the most I've payed is just over a hundred for six, the sunfish actually. And that was a big investment... I think breeders usually post pictures of their best stock to show off Bettas, not the actual fish. Always read the fine print. It most probably warns you, in incredibly miniscule words, that the fish pictured are just examples. So unless the ad specifically mentions the fish in the picture, then I doubt you can get a refund unfortunately.

Regards,
Leaf

Do any of you breed bettas yourself? My friend a work is starting to get into it and after listening to her and seeing her tanks, I'm starting to get interested in it.

Last edited:
Well I get to keep my sixty bucks and the fish I received! Yay! That means I can use the same sixty bucks to possibly get a better looking betta. The betta I got is a salamander, possibly halfmoon, with a green metallic sheen. Pictures with flash make him look completely green! ^o^
I'm going to get into the program of breeding bettas as well. My current bettas will be the parents; I just need another ten gal. for spawning and raising. Though I figured I should wait until school ends. If I get the right pairs I can breed high quality bettas that might bid good on ebay(only U.S. customers since I'm new to this and don't want a bad reputation for mistakes). If I get lucky I can find a perfect female match for my black lace males, so I can produce a halfmoon female for Leaf; I thought cambodian was good but supposedly it gets rid of black!

Back
Top Bottom