Keeping Fish

Hey Leaf, are you only interested in a black halfmoon female betta? I can always find John Doe a match and send you a sibling pair or whichever one you like. But maybe I can just send over John Doe, a female or both? I won't be breeding bettas until Summer and I don't want my pretty boy to get too old. I get that you don't have space at the moment, so I can hold him if you're interested
big_smile.png

Thank you Shelly, unfortunately I can't take on more fish right now, but I would be happy to wait for summer and possibly order a female from one of your hatches or one of your existing fish. I don't mind color-wise, she wouldn't be for breeding. Thank you for keeping me in mind! You may want to try selling your male on a fish website if you want him sold soon, most fish get sold quickly and your bettas are very nice fish. Good luck!

Regards,
Leaf

Hey Leaf, are you only interested in a black halfmoon female betta? I can always find John Doe a match and send you a sibling pair or whichever one you like. But maybe I can just send over John Doe, a female or both? I won't be breeding bettas until Summer and I don't want my pretty boy to get too old. I get that you don't have space at the moment, so I can hold him if you're interested:D

Half moon, very cool. Is there a full moon version? XD

My Rosetail moon betta fish Galaxy, hasn't eaten anything in 4 months............ Actually I got him 4 months ago so......... Anyway he seems fine, maybe he's eating the plant in his tank. My other bettas are good. Huckleberry almost died a few times....... But he's ok now. Electric is fine too. I have a blue veil tail now. He is called Pluto. He's not very interesting. But yea...... That's about it. How's everybody else's fishies?

Of the five bettas I got for my son's tank all but one baby made it. The young male died... but one of the girls is a boy and a stunning green. He is beautiful.
now I just need to keep them alive until he gets back from college.
roll.png

Think nothing of it Leaf:) I can hold my fishies or keep you updated on my spawn outcomes... I need somewhere to put all those fry!
Chicken-Eye, there actually is a full moon, which is a double tail halfmoon:p Some say that if they were to go in full flare, the tail would spread into a circle!
Axolotl, I hope your rosetail is doing okay, but keep in mind that rosetail can be a deformity. He may live a long and healthy life, but if he has difficulties you can try to make things easier for him. Good luck feeding him, maybe you can try changing his diet?
3goodeggs, good luck with the bettas^-^

My Rosetail moon betta fish Galaxy, hasn't eaten anything in 4 months............ Actually I got him 4 months ago so......... Anyway he seems fine, maybe he's eating the plant in his tank. My other bettas are good. Huckleberry almost died a few times....... But he's ok now. Electric is fine too. I have a blue veil tail now. He is called Pluto. He's not very interesting. But yea...... That's about it. How's everybody else's fishies?

If you're trying to feed him I'd give bloodworms a try. Sometimes Bettas take to live food better, so you can order live bloodworms or brine shrimp. (Sort of like sea monkeys). What are you currently attempting to feed him?

Regards,
Leaf

Of the five bettas I got for my son's tank all but one baby made it. The young male died... but one of the girls is a boy and a stunning green. He is beautiful.
now I just need to keep them alive until he gets back from college. :rolleyes:

Good luck with that! They aren't very long-lived creatures... Now why can't your son take the fish with him? Hopefully not enough time to feed and clean with all the studying he'll be doing... Where's he going for college?

Regards,
Leaf

He gets back in four weeks, so they should still be alive by then, knock wood.
That is why I started buying babies. I figure I know they are young, but an adult might be at the end of its lifespan, how would I know?

He is going to Rensselaer in New York.
He wanted an aquarium, but they shut off the heat in the dorms over Christmas, and I do not see TSA letting him bring a bag of fish on the plane with him.
He adores his aquariums. We got him set up for his 15th birthday and he has been addicted ever since.

Last edited:
He gets back in four weeks, so they should still be alive by then, knock wood.
That is why I started buying babies. I figure I know they are young, but an adult might be at the end of its lifespan, how would I know?

He is going to Rensselaer in New York.
He wanted an aquarium, but they shut off the heat in the dorms over Christmas, and I do not see TSA letting him bring a bag of fish on the plane with him.
He adores his aquariums. We got him set up for his 15th birthday and he has been addicted ever since.

Exciting! Good to have them home, isn't it? It's great that he's into fish. It doesn't always work out like that. :)

Regards,
Leaf

Back
Top Bottom