keeping ram lambs with a ram

callisto

Chirping
Feb 18, 2014
I have 4 ram lambs. Two are weaned and I need to move them away from my ewes. My only other pasture has my ram in it. He is by himself right now. My few ewes are either pregnant or nursing. Can I put the four month old lambs with the ram? I don't want him by himself. I will be selling some lambs so it wouldn't be for long. These are katahdin sheep The pasture is an acre.
Thank you.

In the past when I have weaned my lambs, I put them in with the rams. As long as he isn't too aggressive and rough with them (which I think is not very likely), all will be fine.

Thank you so much for your reply! I tried it and after a little pushing them around, they are getting along like best friends. Can I ask how many rams you keep together? We have 4 pastures on 5 acres. We like all the lambs, and I know one reason we got sheep was to not have to buy lamb from a grocery store. But, part of me wants to keep them all since they were our first ones. No ewe lambs yet. We were going to make one a wether to keep single sheep company, (We only have 3 ewes but are planning on getting more).
Thanks again for your help.

Back
Top Bottom