Keepsake ideas from passed chicken ideas?

Not from a deceased bird, but here's an example of one I made.
20231206_123903.jpg

I have clear ball ornaments on my Christmas tree with feathers from my most special birds inside. You can buy packs of them on Amazon. They come in 2 pieces, so they can be filled and then glued closed. Then I write on the outside with permanent markers. I also have some large flat stone grave markers that have names and dates chiseled out with a Dremel. I’ve made book markers out of feathers by using a laminator. I’m very sorry for your loss. 😞 I also keep a book with photos, hatch dates, passing dates, and feathers. Here’s one of my ornaments below. Not a clear photo to see that it contains my 7 year-old Bobwhites feathers. ❤️

IMG_2483.jpeg

My wife planted a dwarf rose bush at our most recent hens passing this last summer. She was a special girl... Some others we've just marked graves with big rocks. I really like these ideas everyone's posting. Thank you all.

I still have 1 Isa Brown who was one of 4 of our first original birds and still head hen of her flock. When "Lady" passes it's going to hurt deep. 😔

I am very sorry for your loss. ❤️

I do have a pet cemetery. We've been on this property for 32 years. It is a rural area. In an out of the way spot we have buried dogs, cats and chickens. I just lost a hen a couple weeks ago. She was 9 years old. Not the first I've lost as I've been keeping chickens a good while now. I marked the first 2 pets we buried. There is a concrete cat and a small flat grave marker. I knew rather quickly I couldn't continue through the years marking each grave.

Since I've had chickens, I've always kept a feather or two. I've have different breeds so lots of different colors. These feathers are all stored mixed in a container.

I like the idea of a print. Wished I'd done this years ago. I think a print with a feather would make a really nice keepsake.

This is a sad but great topic I've not seen mentioned very often.
Thank you for posting.
Sorry to hear about your hen.
Yes I think I’ll continue saving feathers.
I’m going to make an ornament with his photo on it. And framed photo with his feathers. I couldn’t do the foot print I was too chocked up. But it’s a nice idea for others.

My wife planted a dwarf rose bush at our most recent hens passing this last summer. She was a special girl... Some others we've just marked graves with big rocks. I really like these ideas everyone's posting. Thank you all.

I still have 1 Isa Brown who was one of 4 of our first original birds and still head hen of her flock. When "Lady" passes it's going to hurt deep. 😔
That’s a nice idea too. I’m planting a mulberry tree above Clark (my rooster who just passed on) in the spring. He loved berries so I think it’ll be nice a remembrance and something for his flock friends to enjoy.

I’m going to go out to my shop and see what a photo of a chicken carved into wood would look like. I can easily post a picture here and see I’d you think it would be a suitable memorial. I have done multiple memorial plaques for people I’ve known no have died, but never with a picture on it. Once again, I’m so sorry for your loss!
Jake

I’m going to go out to my shop and see what a photo of a chicken carved into wood would look like. I can easily post a picture here and see I’d you think it would be a suitable memorial. I have done multiple memorial plaques for people I’ve known no have died, but never with a picture on it. Once again, I’m so sorry for your loss!
Jake
Oh wow. Thank you ❤️

Back
Top Bottom