Keet eye problem

tonnyx

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 17, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have 15 keets who are nearly a week old. One of them is not getting as big as the others. I helped it with pasty butt a couple days ago (it looked really sick then -- it couldn't sit or lie down, and looked sickly), and at the same time I noticed that it was holding one eye shut. When it does open it, it looks a creepy pale greenish, all filmed over. None of the others are sick in the least and are gaining weight nicely. Now it's doing slightly better; it can sit and lie down, but I don't know what to do about its eye.
What do I do?

I've been putting ACV in their water (they were given plain water for a couple days while I was gone this past weekend, and it was after that that I noticed pasty butts for the first time with them); I've been putting coconut oil on its eye. Is it time for something stronger, like antibiotic drops?

This is my first time raising guineas. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

tonnyx

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 17, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Well, never mind. After two days of watching it occasionally looking better, but mostly huddling miserably by itself, and after its other eye started looking the same as the other, I put it out of its misery.

Top Bottom