Kentucky anyone?

Quote:
Pretty cool. So i guess i need to move to Alaska is what your telling me??? LOL

If it's any consolation, I'm having the same problem. Maybe we can find a community where all chicken lovers can converge to live. What a get together that would be!

gootziecat

I think Kentucky is the place. I'll start. I think its going to be a GREAT area. I just hope i can make it happen without having to wait too long. There is so much to do to get this thing going. I am waiting for pepers for professional licensure (sp) and then i got to make a resume for DH. I think we will both do ok. I have no idea how to get all my pets there when we find a house. read my signature of all my pets. People think i am going to give up my chickens, and get new ones when i get to Kentucky
smack.gif

Hey, Lurky,

You can do it. My neighbor moved rabbits, chickens, geese, pigeons and doves, 2 large dogs and 3 cats from the Poconos to TN. She had at least twice as many critters as you have listed.

Last edited:
Well, If the job thing workd out for DH, we will be in the Corbin area. I will definately take all my pets. I do have a few that might not last long enough. I will have to buy a truck cap for my truck. I'm very excited to move, but not looking forward to all i will have to go through to make it happen. Right now i cant even imagine it happening, but i am determined. I'm trying to find a realtor now.

Its such a big state compared to Ma....i just hope i make the right choice the first time and dont end up wishing i was in a different area of Kentucky. I am working really hard to pick the right area. DH is a woodworker and i am trying to line up a job for him and then revolve around that. So if you know of any big woodworking places in your area.......let me know. I like that corbin is so close to what seems like 4X4 country
big_smile.png

The nice thing about Central KY is you are not but about 2-3 hour for good 4x4 / outdoor play area. There are a few small cabinet shops here but nothing major. What kind of wood work does he do?

He currently does display cases for art galleries/colleges/museums.......they do kiosks for banks. But he can do anything. I hope to buy a house with a enough land to get to ATV right around there too. I am really excited about finding a place without traffic so my cats can go out and play too. They can only go out in our dogs kennel. Its better than nothing.....but i would like a little farm for them. What is your area like? Is it farm country, or the city? Lville is HUGE!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom