Kentucky Chicken and Peafowl traders HERE!

Quote:
Over a 100, should have around 75 breeding age peafowl in the spring.

Have most colors except the greens, as they need heat in Ohio winters.

All these pics are of my birds.

GOSH thats a lot i bet your feed bill is pretty high!
th.gif
Oh and i want to ask you a question is putting peacocks with chickens ok
i mean will they get diseases or will they fight o can i put them with each other?
hu.gif

Quote:

Thanks for sharing those photos; peafowl are gorgeous! The white ones always take my breath away, they're so beautiful...

ETA: and by the way, welcome fellow Kentuckian, Mario!
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
well if you were wondering about the bottle calves they couldn't even get a dollar bid on some and the sale bill was 5$.
hu.gif

Yeah pure bread isall i got BR AND WL

I have an OEGB splash hen, a dutch splash hen and dutch black hen (think cthrash1 is taking her), one OEGB red pyle pullet, and one OEG hen. Oh, and 7 silkies (think 2 roos and 5 pullets, but not sure). I have one jungle fowl roo (thought he was OEG), 8 red pyle roos, and a whole bunch more that I can't figure out. So like I said, too much trouble to find mates for everyone. I think I'll keep my splash hens, and a red pyle roo and the pullet. And of course the silkies. But the OEG hen's eggs are always messed up, so she would be good for brooding or egg laying only, and I haven't figured out if I want to keep my jungle fowl roo yet. I don't know how hard it would be to find hens for him. Or how much of a market there is for those either.
It doesn't surprise me about the bottle babies though. Not many people want to mess with them, they die too easy. If I would have been there, I would have given $1 for one though, and taken my chances!

Quote:

Wow Deerman, i would not get a thing done at your house for snapping photos! LOL...How beautiful.

Quote:
well if you were wondering about the bottle calves they couldn't even get a dollar bid on some and the sale bill was 5$.
hu.gif

Yeah pure bread isall i got BR AND WL

I have an OEGB splash hen, a dutch splash hen and dutch black hen (think cthrash1 is taking her), one OEGB red pyle pullet, and one OEG hen. Oh, and 7 silkies (think 2 roos and 5 pullets, but not sure). I have one jungle fowl roo (thought he was OEG), 8 red pyle roos, and a whole bunch more that I can't figure out. So like I said, too much trouble to find mates for everyone. I think I'll keep my splash hens, and a red pyle roo and the pullet. And of course the silkies. But the OEG hen's eggs are always messed up, so she would be good for brooding or egg laying only, and I haven't figured out if I want to keep my jungle fowl roo yet. I don't know how hard it would be to find hens for him. Or how much of a market there is for those either.
It doesn't surprise me about the bottle babies though. Not many people want to mess with them, they die too easy. If I would have been there, I would have given $1 for one though, and taken my chances!

Me to thats a good price well basicly free! but they might have died on our 1 hour trip home but we did have a big wooden box with hardly any airholes that it would have fit in.

But if it had, you would only have been out $1. Plus you could have probably gotten something out of it? Not sure, but it wouldn't have been that big of a loss.
Why would somenone even bother to take bottle babies at this time of year? Did they sell them at all, or did the seller take them back?

Quote:
They couldn't sell them nobody bid! but most of them went for around 30-50 $ and some 300 lb. Jerseys or holstins sold for around 80$ i mean it was sad!
hit.gif
:eek::bow:idunno:sick

Quote:
They couldn't sell them nobody bid! but most of them went for around 30-50 $ and some 300 lb. Jerseys or holstins sold for around 80$ i mean it was sad!
hit.gif
:eek::bow:idunno:sick

where was this sale at??? I would give $30 for a bottle feed calf.

Last edited:
Russel Springs Sano goat and sheep auction but they sell chickens and pigs and etc. But i cant aruntee the prices will be the same but id ont see how they wud rise

Back
Top Bottom