Kentucky people

Oh gee, that can always be such a nightmare. But I am glad you got it settled. That one must be meant to be! And yes, of course, finding a place for the chickens is the most important and fun haha.

I was at Tractor Supply just a week or so ago and they still had a ton of chicks. I would imagine they still do now. I would just call to double check but there was a bunch at the one I was at and in Louisville, we have 4 TSC, if I'm not mistaken. (I would know because I went to each one searching for the breeds I wanted haha).

That is great news I know where I am going to try to go today.
Welcome to Kentucky, I hope you love it here. I've lived in Eastern Kentucky my whole life. Another place you might look for chicks and chickens is a facebook group called Livestock & Farm Equipment in KY. Plenty of people have many different types of chickens for sale regularly there.

Oh gee, that can always be such a nightmare. But I am glad you got it settled. That one must be meant to be! And yes, of course, finding a place for the chickens is the most important and fun haha.

I was at Tractor Supply just a week or so ago and they still had a ton of chicks. I would imagine they still do now. I would just call to double check but there was a bunch at the one I was at and in Louisville, we have 4 TSC, if I'm not mistaken. (I would know because I went to each one searching for the breeds I wanted haha).
I hate to burst your bubble, but the chain stores TSC and RK get their chicks from mostly Hoovers Hatchery. The rabbits however are typically sourced from local breeders. They do typically keep chicks into the fall but not as much variety.

That is great news I know where I am going to try to go today.
I hope that works out for you! That or what @RebeccaBoyd had mentioned. Let us know how it goes and what chicks you were able to get!
I hate to burst your bubble, but the chain stores TSC and RK get their chicks from mostly Hoovers Hatchery. The rabbits however are typically sourced from local breeders. They do typically keep chicks into the fall but not as much variety.
Oh no, really!? Someone that worked there told me otherwise. Unless I am remembering incorrectly. Maybe someone told them wrong? Lol. Either way, I know my chicks are wonderful and all chickens deserve a good home! But thank you for the insight.

I hope that works out for you! That or what @RebeccaBoyd had mentioned. Let us know how it goes and what chicks you were able to get!

Oh no, really!? Someone that worked there told me otherwise. Unless I am remembering incorrectly. Maybe someone told them wrong? Lol. Either way, I know my chicks are wonderful and all chickens deserve a good home! But thank you for the insight.
There are a few local breeders near you but the reality is that no one locally could keep up with the volume and variety offered by chain store. Coturnix quail on the other hand are available from local breeders. I think there are also a few local breeders with silkies and a few other varieties. I haven’t researched local sources for chickens lately.

Welcome to Kentucky, I hope you love it here. I've lived in Eastern Kentucky my whole life. Another place you might look for chicks and chickens is a facebook group called Livestock & Farm Equipment in KY. Plenty of people have many different types of chickens for sale regularly there.
Thanks for the pointer to the Facebook group. I found a source for the Muscovy ducks I have been wanting that is just around the corner from my new house.

Back
Top Bottom