Kentucky people

Quote:
Woooho Fr.Chuck is moving to my part of the country. Im just 15 min up I-64 from Winchester. Hollar if i can help with anything. Im usually to busy to wipe, but I can squeeze a little time when needed. Got load of Koi in this am from Japan... WOW you need to see when you can.
Pop

Quote:
Woooho Fr.Chuck is moving to my part of the country. Im just 15 min up I-64 from Winchester. Hollar if i can help with anything. Im usually to busy to wipe, but I can squeeze a little time when needed. Got load of Koi in this am from Japan... WOW you need to see when you can.
Pop

A little off topic, but since you mess with fish too, I've got a very healthy stock pond out back. I've got catfish, sun fish and small mouth in it. Would adding Koi/ Carp control cat tails and pond vegetation? It's starting to be overrun with some sort of "water weed."

I just had a fox take one of Miss Piggy's babies in broad daylight!!

that fox is probably what tried to get Cinn the other day too (thought it was a stray cat from the white flash as it took off through the woods).

Guess I'd better lock up the geese and ducks at night for awhile til he's a gonner. I didn't get the gun for hubby fast enough to shoot him. Toby was in the house, but he got scent and ran it off (hubby was looking the opposite direction from where Toby found him).

Hubby says the fox was as tall as Toby (knee high!!)

Guess I need a live trap.

meri

Mojo Chick'n :

I just had a fox take one of Miss Piggy's babies in broad daylight!!

that fox is probably what tried to get Cinn the other day too (thought it was a stray cat from the white flash as it took off through the woods).

Guess I'd better lock up the geese and ducks at night for awhile til he's a gonner. I didn't get the gun for hubby fast enough to shoot him. Toby was in the house, but he got scent and ran it off (hubby was looking the opposite direction from where Toby found him).

Hubby says the fox was as tall as Toby (knee high!!)

Guess I need a live trap.

meri

Live traps are great things. What would you do with him once you caught him though?​

Quote:
Live traps are great things. What would you do with him once you caught him though?

kill him, of course.

not sure if I would process him for his hide and bones, though, been awfully busy, lately, and it takes a little while to do that. But if I had a neighbor who wanted to do so, I would let them have him.

meri

Quote:
Welcome to Winchester! We live a few miles out going towards Irvine. It's a great place to be in, if you need a hand with anything on that house, let me know, I can swing a wrench and turn a hammer with the best of them
big_smile.png

Thanks for the offer, I'll be needing all the help I can get once I get somewhat settled in. I know I'll have to brace the barn up to make the repairs to the wall and put a new roof on it. There is about 5 acres or so of somewhat marketable timber, the driveway will need to be graded so cars don't bottom out on it going up the hill. I know I'll have to replace the flooring in most of the rooms, and fix the problem with the tubs not draining properly.

Also have some of the area to clear away to plant the garden in, and eventually replace the decking/walkway that ran along the back of the house and along the side.

I have a cousin that lives in Winchester as well. The farm is located on Log Lick Rd and I take the second exit(Not Van Meter Rd) to get to there. Go into town and go to the First traffic light after the RR tracks and turn left. Take that all the way up to 947(?) on the left, and then do the dog leg onto Log Lick Rd.

So there will be lots of projects to help with and practice your hammer swinging and wrench turning with.
lau.gif

You'd be alot quicker using the by-pass right there at Wilson Chevy, no sense in going to town if you don't have to. You're going to be really close actually, I'd say you pass right by my place on the way out. I'm sure I can give you a hand with a bunch of that stuff.

Last edited:
Mojo Chick'n :

Quote:
Really? It's not raining here, maybe I should go out and feed before it decides to open up and wash the baby ducks' food away?

seriously? wow, it poured here
lau.gif
and it had been raining before I even got out of bed, so I figure it's been going for awhile, here.

meri​

When I went outside (right after I posted that) it was sprinkling a bit, but that's all it did.

Meri: I'm so sorry you have the fox problem... Those dogs need to get busy and quit loafing... Don't they know they could be eating a gourmet fox?
droolin.gif
lau.gif

Hey chknlvnfam: How's the family doing these days? Bet that baby's getting big. Has Coco survived the roads up there he was bad about not watching for the cars here, that's what scared Ron? I have a whole new flock of 7 chickens now, consisting of only girls this time... Course they're all pullets and only one lays right now... But I'm trying to be patient.

Quote:
Welcome to Winchester! We live a few miles out going towards Irvine. It's a great place to be in, if you need a hand with anything on that house, let me know, I can swing a wrench and turn a hammer with the best of them
big_smile.png

Thanks for the offer, I'll be needing all the help I can get once I get somewhat settled in. I know I'll have to brace the barn up to make the repairs to the wall and put a new roof on it. There is about 5 acres or so of somewhat marketable timber, the driveway will need to be graded so cars don't bottom out on it going up the hill. I know I'll have to replace the flooring in most of the rooms, and fix the problem with the tubs not draining properly.

Also have some of the area to clear away to plant the garden in, and eventually replace the decking/walkway that ran along the back of the house and along the side.

I have a cousin that lives in Winchester as well. The farm is located on Log Lick Rd and I take the second exit(Not Van Meter Rd) to get to there. Go into town and go to the First traffic light after the RR tracks and turn left. Take that all the way up to 947(?) on the left, and then do the dog leg onto Log Lick Rd.

So there will be lots of projects to help with and practice your hammer swinging and wrench turning with.
lau.gif

ChiknLuvn said hammer turning and wrench swinging, was I the only one that caught that? I mean, you could drive a nail in with a wrench if you had to, but I don't think a hammer is very good for turning things
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom