Kentucky people

Mojo Chick'n :

Quote:
I have some hatching..lol!! There should be some blues in the incubator. Due the 20th of January..might be some earlier..not sure who was laying what exactly..but I know one of my blue hens was laying recently.

If ya want to sell me some babies, I'll take some. That blue hen I got from you disapeared!! I have no idea where she went, but she isn't here anymore - probably a hawk got her. The other hen (the odd colored one) is doing great.

meri​

Geeezzz..I hate when that happens..I would like to at least find some feathers so I have a clue. It makes me nuts when they just don't
show up back at the barn at night.
I will let you know when some blue ones hatch..I have 3 hatches lined up this month already..should be some in one or two of them.

Quote:
If ya want to sell me some babies, I'll take some. That blue hen I got from you disapeared!! I have no idea where she went, but she isn't here anymore - probably a hawk got her. The other hen (the odd colored one) is doing great.

meri

Geeezzz..I hate when that happens..I would like to at least find some feathers so I have a clue. It makes me nuts when they just don't
I will let you know when some blue ones hatch..I have 3 hatches lined up this month already..should be some in one or two of them.

thanks on the blues
big_smile.png

Yeah, it was really perplexing - she was just Gone, and no sign of her anywhere. She had finally started to settle in, here, too - took her awhile, she was awfully shy.

I will be starting one incubator probably tomorrow, then I have to gather a few more eggs for the second incubator, - they are all mixed still, so no idea what I'll get, but they'll sell at Sano LOL. I need to do soem work in the coops this week then I'll have everyone seperated - hopefully next batches will be pures.

I finally got almost all of the bottle baby calves weaned (only three full time now, two are being weaned - I started with TWELVE!!) and Tim called me tonight to come pick up another one or two tomorrow. I'm such a sucker. But they're so cute - and I hope they'll make me some money.
lau.gif

meri

Mojo Chick'n :

Quote:

thanks on the blues
big_smile.png

Yeah, it was really perplexing - she was just Gone, and no sign of her anywhere. She had finally started to settle in, here, too - took her awhile, she was awfully shy.

I will be starting one incubator probably tomorrow, then I have to gather a few more eggs for the second incubator, - they are all mixed still, so no idea what I'll get, but they'll sell at Sano LOL. I need to do soem work in the coops this week then I'll have everyone seperated - hopefully next batches will be pures.

I finally got almost all of the bottle baby calves weaned (only three full time now, two are being weaned - I started with TWELVE!!) and Tim called me tonight to come pick up another one or two tomorrow. I'm such a sucker. But they're so cute - and I hope they'll make me some money.
lau.gif

meri​

How many Blues are you wanting??..I will put them on the reserve list for you.

Quote:
Wow, sorry to hear that. My dad had that surgery at 41 years old. He felt so much better after...... will be thinking about your family.

Mojo Chick'n :

Quote:
whereabouts are you moving to? Ky is a long state LOL

I'm in Central KY, I love it here - not too mountainous and not flat (western side is flat, eastern side is mountains, we're big hills and rolling hills, some flatland, but not much)

do you have a job near a big city (and which one)?

We're abut an hour or so from Bowling Green, and about two hours from Lousiville. about two hours from Lexington, too. Srt of the middle of no where, LOL but I like that. I know there are rental places around here. Check out Adair county - Columbia is the county seat.

http://www.columbiamagazine.com/ local online magazine/newsblog sort of thing.

from the classified ads on the above link

Shop for Real Estate from your computer
There's never been a better time. The selection is really good right now. Find Columbia, Adair Co. KY real estate quickly with these leading real estate firms:
Real Estate Agents: Alphabetical Quick Links

Burton Real Estate & Auction Service
First Realty & Auction Co.
Golden Rule-Wilson
Mouser Realty & Auction Co., Inc.
Walker Realty & Auction Service

Or, click on the individual real estate side ads for the latest commercial and residential real estate listings, auction calendars, and contact information. Links to leading real estate firms and other real estate listings carried every day in ColumbiaMagazine.com Real Estate Classifieds

meri

Thank you for the information! It's greatly appreciated! And yes, we are finding another agent to help us out!!
smile.png

Quote:
thanks on the blues
big_smile.png

lau.gif

meri

How many Blues are you wanting??..I will put them on the reserve list for you.

hmmm.... maybe three or four? three for sure. Thanks
big_smile.png

eta - I could be easily convinced to take more if ya have more
wink.png

meri

Last edited:
Well, with the nasty cold, I figured I'd better do something with the coops and calf stalls, so I spent all morning cleaning and putting hay in the coops and calf stalls. Looks rather cozy out there, and I even got that dang top coop finished, finally
lau.gif
I've been talking about cleaning it for three months, I think (it's been empty all that time - perfectly good coop going to waste.)

Now I just have to figure out who to put where. Technically the top coop is my brooder coop - so whomever goes into it will have to get along with babies ok - maybe I'll put the cochins in there. I have a cochin hen who thinks she wants to hatch eggs, silly girl. I'm not about to let her do that this time of year. I have fewer cochins than any other breed, except the bantam rocks. I may stick them up there, too, cause the buff and black look good together running around, and that top coop has a lot more room than the lower cells, do. Not much for higher perches, so the cochins can have the floor and lower perches, and the four buff rocks can take the higher perch areas. The orps can go into the top cell of the lower coop, George in the middle (no run - they can go free range still - I don't hatch their eggs) and the barred rock girls and overflow in the bottom cell (since my BR Roo took a dirt nap).

The fun part will be trying to net them all and seperate them when they don't want to be caught LOL. Probably take me a couple of days, at least, to get them where they are supposed to go. I have two girls inside who can go out to the brooder coop once I get the others settled in place. They are getting pretty big for a brooder bin - they were Thanksgiving hatches, so they're 6 weeks old - I'll wait until this cold snap is passed, though, to put them out.

meri

still work in progress...

ground was to hard to dig and put the dish in.

still have to level it so it looks better.

Right now inside it the temp is 43F

Also have to clean up my mess.

42577_picture_067.jpg

Back
Top Bottom