Kentucky people

Quote:
Yes answers please...I'd like to go too and have never been to one.

Same here, Never been but would like to go this weekend!

Quote:
Yes answers please...I'd like to go too and have never been to one.

Same here, Never been but would like to go this weekend!

Okay here are some of the answers to your questions.

No admission charge - it is free to the public.
If you want to lug around a camp chair to sit on, I didn't see anything saying you couldn't.
It is customary at most shows to ask the owner if you can take a picture, however as long as you don't disturb or scare their birds when taking the photo most will probably let you. Just don't open the cage to take a picture if you can't find the owner.
If you want to watch the judging, which will begin sometime around 9:00AM on Saturday, go ahead, however don't ask the judge any questions while he/she is judging birds. Also it is recommended that you stay 12-15 feet away from the judge.
Vendors, I'm not sure about that, so you might want to bring your own refreshments just in case.
They will be cooping the birds on Friday afternoon as well as early Saturday morning before the judging starts, so if you get there by 9:00 AM you should be okay.

If you go to their website and click on the extra information button at the top of the page, you can find out what they expect of visitors to the show. Hope to see you all there.

Quote:
I'm jealous Colby! I wish I could go - I have to go to a horse show this weekend instead and I'd really rather go look at chickens. By the way, I have 4 of your very cute little olive eggers running around in my brooder. I had a really good hatch - 11 of 14. Maybe I've finally figured out this incubation thing!
big_smile.png

Oh wonderful! I did promise you 6 though... When they're old enough to go outside (and sexed), I'll give you two girls!

Sorry about not seeing you this weekend, are you going to the Frankfort swap the next weekend?

Colby

Regarding the Kentuckiana show. There are some picnic tables indoors, but feel free to bring a chair and set up inside or outside. Poultryman's Supply will be set up. Yes take pictures, just don't disturb or open cages. Stay out of the aisle the judge is in, but next aisle over is okay. Some judges don't mind questions after judging. Everyone is really helpful. Anyone can set up outside to sell. Starts at 9:00 am, but it's a double show and should go on most of the day. Can't wait to see you guys there.

Will be at Kentuckiana have 16 birds entered, and 4 sale cages rented!
My favorite show .
There is great place to eat very close , it is Kentucky Fried Chicken really neat the home he lived in turned into an nice resturant.
Mr. and Mrs, Turbo it is time we meet. Just look for the old lady with too much long Blonde hair ,with a darling fellow with a beard.
Sooo hope to see you there and good luck!!!!!
Karen

Ms. Lewis Rich :

My favorite show .
There is great place to eat very close , it is Kentucky Fried Chicken really neat the home he lived in turned into an nice resturant.
Mr. and Mrs, Turbo it is time we meet. Just look for the old lady with too much long Blonde hair ,with a darling fellow with a beard.
Karen

that is so funny....we miss you at every show!!! Yolanda will get us togehter this year I am sure....It will be myself, Jerry, 12 year old Nathan and 5 year old Brianna......Won't be hard to miss.....I also have a pregnant belly now....eveyone thought I just put on weight over the winter....LOL

Bring drinks and a snack because there were not any avaialble at the show last year. There is also a Wendys not far from the show, but I am in a pizza mood so I am going to bring the GPS and see if anyone delivers....​

Quote:
I'm jealous Colby! I wish I could go - I have to go to a horse show this weekend instead and I'd really rather go look at chickens. By the way, I have 4 of your very cute little olive eggers running around in my brooder. I had a really good hatch - 11 of 14. Maybe I've finally figured out this incubation thing!
big_smile.png

Oh wonderful! I did promise you 6 though... When they're old enough to go outside (and sexed), I'll give you two girls!

Sorry about not seeing you this weekend, are you going to the Frankfort swap the next weekend?

Colby

Hey Colby..... do you know Yolonda? I think you guys will hit it off at the show!! Both really nice ladies and you both love chickens....LOL

Hey guys! We are having a poultry and small animal swap meet at our property in Sadieville. We are located right off I75!

Sunday June 6 from 9 to 4.

All poultry and small livestock welcome.

For more info and to participate email [email protected]

This is open to the public as well as ALL BYCers. Advertising on CL and FB.

All breeds welcome - I've already gotten good feed back from folks looking for particular types of birds.

Bring your camper and grill and make it a weekend!! We have 200+ acres. Can you say "trail ride"?

Last edited:
Mrs. Turbo :

Ms. Lewis Rich :

My favorite show .
Karen

that is so funny....we miss you at every show!!! Yolanda will get us togehter this year I am sure....It will be myself, Jerry, 12 year old Nathan and 5 year old Brianna......Won't be hard to miss.....I also have a pregnant belly now....eveyone thought I just put on weight over the winter....LOL

Bring drinks and a snack because there were not any avaialble at the show last year. There is also a Wendys not far from the show, but I am in a pizza mood so I am going to bring the GPS and see if anyone delivers....​

There is a Pizza Hut less than a mile south of the fairgrounds on US 60 in Shelbyville and a Hometown Pizza just a bit beyond that. That should cover your needs. As far as I know they both deliver.

I'd love to make the show but I have to work so everyone enjoy!!!

Larry​

Back
Top Bottom