Kentucky people

Quote:
Fr Chuck Wolff you can come and see what I got about any day im retired and hang around the mini farm most days. The big Koi show is in Louisville, Memorial weekend. Worth a trip and its free to look. Some amazing fish. I cant make this year... other commitments.

Pop

Pop,

Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know next time I'm in your neck of the woods so I can get directions.

Fr. Chuck Wolff,
Louisville, KY

I've heard of White Kings before, and I have Homers, just lost two squabs, dead in the nest. Guess the parents got tired of feeding them because they both had empty crops. But I never heard of White King Homers.

Those are some beautiful Koi you have pictured on your website, and the Bonsai trees are neat too. I intend on going to the Koi & Goldfish show this year as soon as I find out were it is at.

Well I had a good time today at the Chicken Show. I met WyldeHorses and her SO ChickenCop, Mr & Mrs Turbo, IloveChicks and her Husband. I also met the President of the Kentuckiana Poultry Club. I saw lots of really nice birds, and even came home with a pair of Silkies. The cock bird is a blue from Pompadour Silkies, and the hen is a Partridge whose mother was entered in the show and took Best of Variety. I found out that my remaining Mille that Flowerpot gave me came from Wyldehorses stock, so I guess I had better start handling her and getting her used to being shown. I was high bidder on the cock bird in the silent auction. So I have some good quality Silkies to start with again when they get ready, they are still young right now.

Well the Swap at Tim and Susies went well today, I just wish it was a lil cooler. I sold most of the silkies and all the ducks that I took with me. But I can not figure out why I can't go there and not buy more?

Quote:
Congrats! Who did you get yours from? I think the name of the lady I got my Partridge hen from was Schweizer. I almost bought some baby chicks too, but I don't have a brooder set up at this time. I wanted a white one but they all were cockerels.

Congrats! Who did you get yours from? I think the name of the lady I got my Partridge hen from was Schweizer. I almost bought some baby chicks too, but I don't have a brooder set up at this time. I wanted a white one but they all were cockerels.

Thanks!! My Buff and Blue came from Schweizer (I'm pretty sure, long blond hair?). She was very nice. My White one I got from a teenage girl, she had a bunch of them on the bottom. The older one was one of my many pity buys, cause no one was buying her
roll.png
When I got home I had to do some serious nail trimming on her (she looked like she was going for the guiness world records). Aside from that she seems very healthy. My DH built them a nice coop to keep them quarantined from our our others for a few weeks. I'm really excited about getting into silkies
tongue.png

~Steph​

Quote:
Thanks!! My Buff and Blue came from Schweizer (I'm pretty sure, long blond hair?). She was very nice. My White one I got from a teenage girl, she had a bunch of them on the bottom. The older one was one of my many pity buys, cause no one was buying her
roll.png
When I got home I had to do some serious nail trimming on her (she looked like she was going for the guiness world records). Aside from that she seems very healthy. My DH built them a nice coop to keep them quarantined from our our others for a few weeks. I'm really excited about getting into silkies
tongue.png

~Steph

Yep, that's the lady I got my partridge from. Didn't she have some gorgeous birds! I couldn't find the girl for the white silkies, otherwise I would have bought a couple of the whites myself to bring home to start my new flock. There was a retired school teacher that got her other Buff Silkie.

Quote:
I can answer that for you...chickens are addicting!! LOL!!

I would have bought more of your pretty splash Silkies, but I had the worst day ever there. People said there were some things going on around town yesterday, so that may have had an impact on sales. I also didn't have as good a selection as I usually do, although in a couple days I will have over 200 more babies.
Let me know if you want me to save some Ameraucanas for you for next months sale.

Quote:
I can answer that for you...chickens are addicting!! LOL!!

I would have bought more of your pretty splash Silkies, but I had the worst day ever there. People said there were some things going on around town yesterday, so that may have had an impact on sales. I also didn't have as good a selection as I usually do, although in a couple days I will have over 200 more babies.
Let me know if you want me to save some Ameraucanas for you for next months sale.

I sure will let you know. Also I should have some more splash next month if you need some more. If it looks like you are going to have any extra Royal palms this go round I may jump on them to, if not I can wait.

Back
Top Bottom