Kentucky people

Ms. Lewis Rich :

Hello all. I also had a wonderful time at the Kentuckiana Show!
I meet Mrs. Turbo and Hubby and darling child.
Yolanda always nice to see you!
Seems a couple more BYC people there that now own some of my chicks!
The Mother of the Buff chicks took Best Of Breed later that day!( or her sister just as nice)
It was a long day but once again a lovely day.
Nice to have met you we need hats or pins or something so we can figure out who is who.
Karen

How did I miss meeting you? Tis a puzzlement! I'm sure if I had more room (and money) I would have come home with some Cochins as well as the Silkies.​

Quote:
One breed of chicken my Hubby showed real interest in is the gold sebright(a non-chicken man mind you) he thinks the female is the prettiest bird ever, and if I had a broody right now I would be looking for gold sebright eggs just to keep a girl and give the rest to our friends at the lake.

If you change your mind let me know
smile.png
We have plenty of "pretty" chickens...they were my hubby's pick as well. He has since become fond of polish too.

Hello
I'm from Taylor county. I just hatched some chicks as a test run for my first time incubating. what hatched was 3 blue orps, 1 black orp, a golden polish, SLW, RIR, and BCM. I was thinking of selling some of them if anyone is interested leave me a message. right now i got silkies and lavender orpingtons in the incubator.

Welcome to all newbies hope you enjoy our company.
Erindubb: i think Ms Lewis Rich isn't too far from you... She is in Northern Ky and Chickenlvnfam(sp? I think) is in Winchester. Then there are a few others out 64 east. That's all I can think of right off the bat. I'm sure there are plenty others.

HI all! I have been a bit out of the loop the past month or so since my first hatch. I have been seeing to my father who has brain cancer so I have been distracted. I am now thinking I need to get some pullets! I am happy that my first hatch from a homemade bater produced 5 healty chicks, but I have developed a problem. More roos then pullets. I have one black Jersey giant roo and one pullet, and 2 standard faverolle roos and 1 fav pullet. I am going to separate the breeds but need some pullets for my roos. Any sugestions? These are now 6 weeks old. Anyone close to Montgomery County have some pullets close to the same age? Any sugestions as to breeds to go with what I have? I am new so I am a bit uncertain. Thanks bunches.
frow.gif

julie

Quote:
One breed of chicken my Hubby showed real interest in is the gold sebright(a non-chicken man mind you) he thinks the female is the prettiest bird ever, and if I had a broody right now I would be looking for gold sebright eggs just to keep a girl and give the rest to our friends at the lake.

Hey Cindy, my OEGB Xiang Jiao is broody, you could always get eggs and stick them under her...I'm sure she wouldn't mind
big_smile.png

Quote:
I am in Metcalfe County..about 25 miles from you. We have about 30 breeds we hatch from..Large Fowl and Bantams. We also have 3 breeds of ducks and two Turkey breeds..and lots of Guinea colors.

All hand picked birds..no hatchery stock.

Last edited:
Hey all, I just got an email from Meyer Hatchery, they are having a one day sale on their All Pullet Rainbow Layer chicks, guaranteed at least 5 different breeds for $25.00 plus S&H. They are taking phone orders only though for this special. Just thought I would let you know.

Quote:
Basically the same as chickens, but they take longer. Supposedly they take 28 days, but mine always hatch in 25-26. They need a bit higher humidity for hatching, at leat 65%. But I"ve had some hatch just fine in the turner at 40-50% humidity, so I wouldn't take that as gospel
smile.png
Just go by the size of your air cells to judge if you need to increase or decrease yours.
smile.png

Quote:

Hey Cindy, my OEGB Xiang Jiao is broody, you could always get eggs and stick them under her...I'm sure she wouldn't mind
big_smile.png

Good idea Shelley! Hey Kygal, are yours gold Sebrights? If so, give me a price on the eggs including shpg, and if you take Paypal or would rather another payment method. Then I'll have Shelley PM you her address to send them to her.

Thanks, Cindy

Back
Top Bottom