Kentucky people

Quote:
I'm by far an expert but I'd say you did good. I paid $25 each for some hens that couldn't hold a candle to your girl. The only thing I see 'wrong' with her is her overly-long back. That's probably why she doesn't carry her wings right but her tail is real nice.
smile.png

You BET!! Send it on!! We be having REALLY mean goose for Mother's Day!! Yeee Haww!!

Does it sound like that mixed blob of mean has gotten on my nerves?? He sure has. I don't nomally have any problems with geese, but that one has bullied the girls (goose ones), pinched me and my grandkids. Unfotunately he was also my only male.

Thank you soooo much!

Quote:
Ahh I didnt see her in there. Yes I was suppose to get two BR roos but that one is obviously a hen (not a problem lol). The other BR is much lighter and has a huge red comb.

Quote:
Mary D (used to be Mojo Chick'n) has a quad of pilgrims she's looking to sell. The 'old' goose (2 year old) has what looks like a crossed beak but it was from an injury she received during shipping. The adult pair are from Metzer Farms and the other 2 girls are last year's babies from the pair. If you are interested I can send you her e-mail.

ETA: She lives in Breeding.

Can't wait till morning!!
wee.gif
ya.gif

Last edited:
Hello KY peeps! I thought this was really really neat and wanted to share it with you! Im going to go and check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink....&notif_t=like#!/event.php?eid=216968961662013

Lexington's First Tour De Coops!

Lexington’s first urban chicken coop tour is Sunday, May 15 from noon – 5 pm. Here’s your chance to visit the backyards of some Lexington chicken keepers for fun, curiosity’s sake or to see if you’re ready for your own micro-flock. Tickets are $5 for adults and free for children. They’re on sale at Alfalfa, 3rd Street Stuff and the Good Foods Co-op. There will be a map showing the location of 9 coops included with your ticket. Check out the CLUCK Facebook page for more info.

Boone County, here!
big_smile.png
Don't have any chickens at the moment, coyote and weasels finished off the last of the flock..
am trying to make up my mind which breeds to start over with. I am thinking more for meat than eggs...
was surfing around looking at various chicken pens and stumbled upon this site....very nice and informative:)
my next pen has absolutely got to be varmint proof!
BTW, anyone from the 4-H in this forum?

Back
Top Bottom