Kentucky people

Whimsy how many Ee's do you have. I would love to get a couple more. My parents can't stand the blue eggs but I love it. I still have held out on ordering any for myself. That and I had too many ducks hatch. Did not expect having a 100% hatch rate.

On that note. If anyone is interested in Pekin ducklings let me know. I currently have 14 that are roughly 2 weeks old. They hatched between the 9th and 11th of the month. All are super healthy. I had only one duckling die out of 15 and it died partially hatched. It was bleeding after it was tumbled about by a new hatchling that climbed over the barrier I put in there to protect the other hatching eggs. They are already spending time outside and taking swimming baths in the bathtub. They also get probiotics and some fresh fruit like blueberries. They also have liked raisens and peas. I am keeping 4 of these ideally unless I find no one who wants any then I will be raising these to adults and then trying to sell again in pairs.

Does anyone have any info on the Shepherdsville swap? We have one in Horse Cave, but the set up fee and auction commision are way to much. I think Shepherdsville is the next closest for me.

Thanks

I get my 'villes' confused but if that's the one near Louisville I remember hearing it was closed. I think they moved it some place else but I don't know where.

There's one here in my area every week, I don't know how close that is to you. I've met some people at this auction who were from HC but that doesn't mean anything. There is one in Scottsville once a month at Tim and Susie's Hen House (google that and you will find their website). Other than that I don't know.

ETA: The one local to me is every Friday (today). Auction starts at 5 CST and has 15% commission but you can sell in the parking lot for nothing. All small animals have to be in cages to sell meaning you don't get your cage back. So I use boxes a lot of the time.

Last edited:
Quote:
Shelley,
How do you get to the Sano auction from Greensburg?

Phyllis
p.s. Toulouse gander doing fine and sassy as can be with all the girls to strut for. Too bad he doesn't realise only 4 of them are his. Poor baby. *chuckles*

SANO GOAT & SHEEP AUCTION. 331 W SULPHUR CREEK RD. COLUMBIA, KY 42728. STEPHEN BURTON. 270-385-9097

It's hard to explain but you can google the address and it will take you right to it.

The auction starts at 5 CST but people line up in the parking lot as early as 2 p.m. if not earlier. They do 'small' animals first (rabbits, birds, etc.) then do goats, sheep, and other large livestock after the 'chicken barn' is done. So that part usually ends up being 8-9 p.m. before it gets going.

Quote:
Just found info at another site. They are now across from the big flee market. Set up fee is $6 and starts at 6am. It is about the same distance from me as Sano one (thanks for the address Shelly) so I may check them both out.

Just a reminder the Sadieville swap is Saturday, June 4 from 7:30 til when ever.

I will have chicks and misc chicken and horse stuff.

I have a friend who has guineas. He wanted to know if anyone wanted some. Also, he's looking for some large meat rabbits. Nothing fancy, just big.

Who else is planning on coming? What will you bring????

ETA - there is never a set up fee! or consignment fee. Or any fees for that matter. Come, sell, buy, enjoy!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom